iPhone Low power mode battery level inaccurate?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by pika2000, Oct 1, 2015.

1. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Enabling low power mode automatically shows the percentage of battery left on my iPhone. I left my iPhone 5 on stand by (not charged) overnight, and in the morning, it showed 60+% battery. I connected to my Mac to sync, it immediately drops to ~38%. I have observed this multiple times. This can be a problem if one thought their iPhones still have more battery left that they actually did. Anybody else seems to be observing a similar issue?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like there might be an issue with your battery. A number of iPhone 5 phones have had recalls related to the battery. And many have had battery issues in general after a year or two.

3. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

get ur battery fixed, mine was like that with ios 7, it even died at 100% 20mins after it left the charger..still have the battery log from that, complete mind **** every time i look at it

since then i heard of & seen many upon many iphone 5's with derping battery..apple had a flaw with them. even if urs doesnt "qualify" for the free replacement, negotiate with ur apple store, the problem is far more widespread than just a certain serial number batch like they think, i was unlucky being among some of the first to have the problem before apple acknowledged it..