Low power switching off itself when charger plugged in

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

On the MBP, any idea why when I plugged in charger I went back to it and it wasn't sleeping it was off, I usually just click trackpad after a minute and screen comes back but today had to use power switch and screen when white fuzzy and a line of dots at the bottom before it came back, Is that something normal that I've not seen before when low on power? From sleep it's usually just a click isn't it, but this was different it was only a minute away after plugging in power and it doesn't sleep that quick? Before plug in it was 3% and the pop up came up saying it was running on reserve power, but I've had that before and it just carried on fine when plugged in to power?
    Are those running white dots something it does, that I just haven't seen before?
    And would it turn off itself even when on and I've just plugged it in at low power?

2. Niteace macrumors member

The screen with the dots is something it does do, i've seen it many times. Your mac was coming back from hibernation mode where it saved the state to memory and turned off. As for plugging in at 3 percent, perhaps the battery wasn't displaying its percentage completely accurately and you mac was already preparing to hibernate before you plugged it in.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you, yes I didn't think of that, because when I've plugged in when I got that battery alert before it just carried on working, but you are probably right.. Now not as accurate

Thanks