Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stures08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Lund, Sweden
I've googled for some information about the new "Low-power wake" feature of lion but I haven't found anybody that has actually tried it. Anyone with the GM that can say if it works? I have a macbook pro that I have hooked up via wifi to my WDTV live (no server app, just file sharing), on SL I need to have the lid opened to stream content. As I understand I will be able to do it without it having to be opened, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Crosbie

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2010
Brighton, UK
Anyone know anything about this feature? I was hoping this might mean I could access files from iTunes using file sharing while the MacBook was snoozing and charging with its lid closed. This seems to be intermittent at best.

Wasabisjors

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
I'm just encountering problems that, I feel, have to do with this Low Power Wake.

Several programs won't wake my iMac (which they did under Snow Leopard), like Logmein. Also Sabnzbd won't continue downloading when Lion goes into hibernate.

It could be those programs haven't been updated properly yet, or it's a bug in Lion.

drunkenmenace

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I have this issue too. It's doing my head in.

I can get iNet WOL to wake my Mac when i'm on my wifi network, and occasionally over 3G.

It seems very inconsistent at the moment, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.