"Low profile" cup holder mount?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TraceyS/FL, Sep 22, 2012.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I am looking for something to hold my phone in landscape, but in my cup holder. I ordered something on Amazon and it is to tall to work.

I have an 01 Beetle, and the upholders are out of the way and the space is tight. Kinda of useless - but well, you can fit a CAN of something in there! LOL!!

ANyway, i've tried searching the last couple of days and have come up empty handed.

OK, here is what I bought that is about 2 inches too tall, Macally

Ideally I'd like something that didn't even have an arm, just hold it in landscape.

I was looking for a good picture of the stupid cup holders and found this thread. Too bad this thing is $40 - i'd probably buy it! LOL!! I will just keep using the armrest.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/styling-modifications/45775-cup-hloder-mod-early-nbs.html

Anyway.... I still need something to hold the phone in the rinky-dink space.

Thanks! (and I looked at pro clip - and I don't want it over on the grab bar, so that is out)

2. bkushner macrumors regular

3. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I know it does, it is too tall to fit in the space though - it's like the Pepsi bottle in the thread I posted. I need something shorter than it....