Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunter x az

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
For some reason I have the low res cydia icon on my iPhone 4. Any way to fix that?

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
Mine is Retina resolution. Am I lucky?

S-

Yep. lol

The first time I jailbroke my iPhone 4 (first day jailbreakme.com was available) my Cydia icon was high res. After I downgraded from 4.1 back to 4.0.1 and jailbroke again the Cydia icon was low res. The theme I use changes it anyway so I'm not worried about it.

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2010
That's odd naming it icon.png worked fine for me.

Also works for apps that haven't been updated for iOS 4.

Thats because you named the high-res .png the low-res name, so when your phone searched for the @2x icon, it couldnt find it, and had to resort to the low-res .png which was really the high-res icon, but named wrong. It works because your using the retina display. If that makes sense

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21216/20.2479; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

For people who don't want to SSH you can also press and hold the Cydia icon in the main page of cydia and tap Save. Then use iFile to copy the png to your Cydia folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.