Low resolution at login screen

Joshoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
Netherlands
Hi,

I am having a small issue with my login screen.
When I start my Macbook Pro Retina with Yosemite DP7, the login screen has a low resolution.

When I go to the login screen just to lock my mac, the resolution is perfectly fine.

I've had this issue in all the DP versions, except for DP6, but in DP6 it wasn't showing my profile picture.

Is anyone else having this issue as well? Or does anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

abn0rma1

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2014
I have experienced this as well with DP7 (didn't have it with DP6 or PB1/PB2). It's a strange issue for sure, but as with you, it loads correctly after logging in.

Joshoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
Netherlands
I have experienced this as well with DP7 (didn't have it with DP6 or PB1/PB2). It's a strange issue for sure, but as with you, it loads correctly after logging in.
Indeed.
I have sent in a bug report with the feedback assistant.
Let's hope they will fix it :)

abn0rma1

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2014
Just commenting to see if anyone else is experiencing this, as it's still an issue for me on DP rcGM3.

I've narrowed it down to only happening when I have an external monitor connected (mine is via HDMI). After logging in, resolution corrects itself.

Really annoying as it definitely didn't happen with Mavericks.

I might get a TB-HDMI adapter to try it that way however.

throttlemeister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2009
Netherlands
Hi,

I am having a small issue with my login screen.
When I start my Macbook Pro Retina with Yosemite DP7, the login screen has a low resolution.

When I go to the login screen just to lock my mac, the resolution is perfectly fine.

I've had this issue in all the DP versions, except for DP6, but in DP6 it wasn't showing my profile picture.

Is anyone else having this issue as well? Or does anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue. A NVRAM reset fixed the issue (OPT+CMD+P+R when powering up)

Joshoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
Netherlands
Just commenting to see if anyone else is experiencing this, as it's still an issue for me on DP rcGM3.

I've narrowed it down to only happening when I have an external monitor connected (mine is via HDMI). After logging in, resolution corrects itself.

Really annoying as it definitely didn't happen with Mavericks.

I might get a TB-HDMI adapter to try it that way however.
Same here! Also started to occur after using an external monitor.

I had the same issue. A NVRAM reset fixed the issue (OPT+CMD+P+R when powering up)
I tried that very often.
Unfortunately it doesn't make any sense.

abn0rma1

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2014
Same here! Also started to occur after using an external monitor.

I tried that very often.
Unfortunately it doesn't make any sense.
Yea I tried resetting it and it didn't resolve the issue for me either. It still persists.