Low sound

ryu4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Try nextflix vudu etc.... all with dolby atmos but the sound is just so low on apple tv not sure why.Shield tv is normal volume along with my tv all my devices play normal sound it's just the apple tv that wants to be low.It's making me regret buying this device

ZStech

Suspended
Feb 3, 2019
Hello there. Have you tried to use another HDMI cable or update OS of your apple TV? I have 4-th gen. of it. Everything seems to be good.

ryu4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Hello there. Have you tried to use another HDMI cable or update OS of your apple TV? I have 4-th gen. of it. Everything seems to be good.
I have try 2 different hdmi still the same issue. I'm on tvos 12.1.2 and also i'm using apple tv 4k if that matters.

tjwilliams25

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2014
Montana
I have try 2 different hdmi still the same issue. I'm on tvos 12.1.2 and also i'm using apple tv 4k if that matters.
Are you using a home theater setup, or just your TV speakers? I noticed that the Apple TV tends to send a slightly quieter signal to my Onkyo receiver, but my 5.1 soundbar upstairs never seems to have a problem. I just turn it up a little more on the Onkyo.

jst333

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
michigan
Try nextflix vudu etc.... all with dolby atmos but the sound is just so low on apple tv not sure why.Shield tv is normal volume along with my tv all my devices play normal sound it's just the apple tv that wants to be low.It's making me regret buying this device
Also there is a setting in the A/V menus for "Reduce Loud Sounds", maybe check to make sure thats off.

ryu4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Are you using a home theater setup, or just your TV speakers? I noticed that the Apple TV tends to send a slightly quieter signal to my Onkyo receiver, but my 5.1 soundbar upstairs never seems to have a problem. I just turn it up a little more on the Onkyo.
I'm using the Sk10y which is lg sound bar and i maxed it completely out and it felt alot lower then just using my tv app. I might just see if i can sell my apple tv since i rarely use it now that i'm forced into
Also there is a setting in the A/V menus for "Reduce Loud Sounds", maybe check to make sure thats off.
It's off i even rebooted the soundbar and apple tv even went out to buy belkin hdmi cable.Guess apple tv is picky when it comes to sound bars.