low text alert sound in headphones

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by bina12834, Jan 18, 2013.

1. bina12834 macrumors regular

So this has only been happening since I switched from my 4 w/iOS5 to a 5 w/iOS6. Also of note is that this is my second 5 (not for this issue) so a problem with the phone itself is ruled out.

On my 4 when I would be listening to music with my headphones and got a text, the alert sound would be as loud as the music volume was set to but with my 5 while listening to music with my headphones no matter how loud the music volume is turned to, unless there is no background noise, I can’t hear the text message alert sound because it’s so low. For example I take the subway everyday to work where there is a lot of background noise and listen to music on my phone and have the volume turned up almost all the way. The only way I know that I get a text is that the music fades slightly for a split second. Sometimes I don’t even know I got a text until I look at my phone because the music fade is so subtle. Is there a setting I’m missing or did the they change this for iOS6 or is this a feature of the new headphones that shipped with the 5?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'm seeing this too on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6 as well, I can hear the music fades but I barely hear the notification chime.