Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2006
I just received a new white Macbook and the sound is ok, but the volume seems really low for a laptop. Is this the case for all Macbooks?

Romainf

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2006
Geneva
I got my Macbook 2 days ago, and I'm really happy with it, but I also find that the speaker volume is incredibly low....

I tried to watch a DVD last night and i couldn't hear anything because of the little traffic i had outside !!! The only solution was to put my face so close to the screen that i felt like Mr Magoo !!!

I also tried to plug in some USB speakers, but the sound was even lower than on the mac itself!! (and they are quite loud on my work PC notebook).

Anything I could do to improve that?

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Romainf said:
I got my Macbook 2 days ago, and I'm really happy with it, but I also find that the speaker volume is incredibly low....

I tried to watch a DVD last night and i couldn't hear anything because of the little traffic i had outside !!! The only solution was to put my face so close to the screen that i felt like Mr Magoo !!!

I also tried to plug in some USB speakers, but the sound was even lower than on the mac itself!! (and they are quite loud on my work PC notebook).

Anything I could do to improve that?

You do have both volume adjusters on max? The main OSX one and the DVD player.

My MB speakers are not exactly earth shatteringly loud but they're not as bad as you make your sound.

Romainf

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2006
Geneva
yes, i have both volumes on max.... But I'm starting to think it might be the dvd itself that is low, because itunes volume is ok.

I'll try with another one tonight...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.