Low XBench

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kjaxplicit24, May 25, 2010.

1. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

I'm consistently getting XBench scores between 175-185 on a 2 week old Intel X-25M G2 80GB. This cannot be normal. Should I exchange for a new one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. johnalan macrumors regular

Xbench on my 7200rpm 500gb drive is 57!

3. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but Intel SSDs consistently run in the 200s. Like 220 or better.

4. cyclical macrumors regular

How full is your drive? Brand new X-25M G2's have been scoring 300+ in the SSD xbench comparison thread...

5. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

45.7 GB used
    33.99 GB available

Attached Files:

6. KappyB macrumors newbie

This is a longshot as I think that this would pulll your performance down more.

Atleast I had a problem with this and it drove me mad for 3-4 days :(

IF you've installed bootcamp, you have to make sure that in OSX, spotlight doesn't index your bootcamp partition. My harddrive did this, and i had extremely bad harddrive performance.

A note to everyone out there with bad HDD performance.

7. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have bootcamp installed but I do have Parallels installed running Win7. How do I check to see if it is indexing it?

Also let me note that my startup times are extremely fast at around 15 secs from the chime. Programs seems snappy, although less so but probably because I've been paying attention to it more.

8. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Your SSD is in the optibay?
    I thought moving the HD to optibay and SSD where the HD was would give the best speeds

9. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

From what I've read, they provide the same speeds. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The reason the SSD is in the optibay is because the SSD does not need SMS, whereas the traditional HD does need this feature. I am willing to sacrifice Safe Sleep in order the provide the necessary protection to my traditional spinning HD.

10. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

So what do you think guys? Should I RMA this drive and get a new replacement from newegg, or just live with it?