Lower mac mini price?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by carve, Aug 7, 2008.

?

What will the price of the mac mini be?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2008.
  1. Same price, $600

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. $500

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. $400

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. $300

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. More expensive, $700 and up

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Well, since it's been around a year since the last mac mini update, do you think apple will lower the price of the mac mini? I think that they will lower it to around $500. I'm in the market for a new mac, and I would love to get the mac mini, only if it was a tad cheaper. So, what do you think? I have setup a poll option, so select the option that you think will happen. Cheerss

2. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

It's gonna cost the same or a little more. Apple has to offset their MobileMe start cost losses (overtime, free month of service to everybody with an account)

3. rfruth macrumors regular

rfruth

4. Vanilla Thunder macrumors member

It will cost more, and have old PC hardware components. Can't you guys see the trendline here?

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I can see the price lowered to $499 only if they leave the optical drive totally out and make it so that you can use the MacBook Air Superdrive if you want it.

6. Bad Paper macrumors 6502

What are you talking about? Do you have a timeline for this? They're going to keep it the same price until they discontinue it, just like the Cube.

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I would really love them to upgrade the graphics chip in this to the same integrated as the MacBook and to increase the CPUs accordingly.

If I had my own way, I'd want them to put a 3.5 inch HD in there too, so I can shove a 750GB drive in it :) or velociraptor hehehe.

Please, please don't discontinue this product Apple!