Lower prices this time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aooga12, Jun 7, 2013.

1. aooga12 macrumors member

So i'm most likely going to wait for the refresh to make the used mbp/air market lower their prices a little bit before buying a used one.

But I wanted to know what prices you guys are going to estimate for the 13" pros and airs w/o retina. I only have around $750 so what's the off chance that apple will lower their prices on the next round of 13" laptops?

2. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

according to rumors, prices stay the same.
    you might be able to get 2012 machine with that though.

3. aooga12 thread starter macrumors member

That's what I thought, a 2012 machine is exactly what I need though.

When buying said used machine, whether it be an air or pro. What are things I need to know? This would be my first apple laptop, so I'm not quite exactly sure what to look for with these used sales on ebay/cl

4. majkom macrumors 65816

Try to buy factory refurbished ones - 1 year warranty, but maybe costs few bucks more than is your budget

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only time we see apple lower the price is when the newer line is released and the old line is sent to the refurb section (and of course regular refurbs)

6. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

I think the prices will remain the same. You should be able to find a used one for around that price since they are selling for $999 brand new with the education discount through apple.