iPad Lower than average geekbench 3 scores? (iPad Air)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bcam117, Sep 11, 2014.

1. bcam117 macrumors member

So I'm scoring 1125 for single-core and 2026 for multi-core.
    The average scores I'm finding online are 13xx for single and 24xx for multi.

Now I don't really care much for benchmarks and stuff, just making sure that nothing's eating into my CPU or something like that.

Could you guys run geek bench 3 and post your scores?

I'm on 7.1.1 with ample free space.

2. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Here's mine

Attached Files:

3. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

This always happens right before the next generation of idevices comes out. It's part of Apple's built-in planned obsoletes strategy.

4. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Why don't look at my geekbench score. Using the same device, it is significantly higher.

5. severage macrumors regular

I wouldn't worry about it unless you are noticing significant slowdown with your iPad. Benchmark scores can vary a lot, depending on how many apps are open, how hot the device is, the brightness, etc etc. I've dealt with similar things in the past (albeit on android)

6. bcam117 thread starter macrumors member

It had happened to me before too, with linpack on android and I found out that I had a rouge process slowly eating away at my CPU.

I had made sure everything was as closed as possible and my brightness was all the way down/my iPad was cool. I still can't get past 20xx for multi.

I'm jailbroken too so there might be something that's gone rouge.

On a side note I've noticed that when brightness is all the way up things tend to slow down quite a bit; freakin' throttling.

7. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

"Jail broken"?????!!!!! :eek:

I would say that's your problem right there, I would never do that you are opening your system to a world of chronic problems.

8. severage macrumors regular

I wouldn't say that, I'm jailbroken and have noticed nothing different from when I wasn't jailbroken in terms of performance. Then again, I'm not a heavy jailbroken app user... mainly just iCleaner and a few tweaks....

OP, I would recommend restarting or resetting the device, and then running the geek bench score again. Try iCleaner if you dont already have it, it removes a lot of crap that you dont use.

9. bcam117 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, shall try :) . I don't have many tweaks installed either. Al