Lowest A.P.R. on a MBP? Please Help.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dj BW, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Dj BW macrumors regular

Ok, so my local Apple store just recieved the new MBP today and I was so excited! I went into make my purchase, and applied for the Juniper Apple Visa Card and was approved for $2000. BUT.....my A.P.R. was 23% !!!!!! And I have excellent credit and my house paid off in full. Does anybody else know any good sites to purchase a MBP with a low A.P.R??
    Thank You ~

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I don't normally recommend buying on credit, but if you have to you have to.

Apply for a new credit card that comes with 12 months of no interest. Just be sure you understand how it works...if you have a balance at the end of 12 months, they'll slam you.

3. dex22 macrumors regular

Apple and Juniper's high rates have been a topic of discussion for a while now.

You should go for a good offer with a mainstream card issuer who offers an interest free period.

You don't need to reject the offer from Juniper - just having that unused credit line on your record will improve your score, by improving your credit utilization percentage.

4. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

if you completely own your house you shouldnt have any problems getting a credit card with 6 or 12 months intrest free and then less than 10% after that. or go to the bank and get a credit line. with a house your intrest rate should be like 2-4%

5. Applenewb macrumors member

seriously, if you own your house in full why would you want a third party ripoff card. You have a target card also?

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Your local bank or credit union should be able to give you a line of credit at a point or two over Prime, that you can draw on and pay down at will, and won't cost you anything if you aren't using it (unlike some cards that have annual fees).

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

This would be my advice as well. I have a credit card from Discover and I would highly recomend them. Great rate (if you must carry a balance on your card), nice perks (e.g., cash back) and very good service! :)

Don't go with a Juniper Visa card (talk about screwing yourself). :rolleyes: