Lowest Apple White Mid-Range MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thegreatest21, Jun 24, 2007.

1. thegreatest21 macrumors newbie

I'm a student at University in the UK and wondered if anyone knew places that sold the MacBook for a very low price?

2. Jamiephofe macrumors member

The official discount from Apple is the best I've seen. It pretty much costs the equivalent of the price minus VAT. Still doesn't come to as cheap as the US cost even with a discount, but oh well. :p

3. thegreatest21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. Yeah, this VAT in this country stinks. Pay to keep the Queen happy. lol

4. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Try the Apple refurb store and the Marketplace on this very forum, you're pretty guaranteed to pick up a bargain.

5. Jamiephofe macrumors member

The price of refurbs on the UK site comes to about the same as a brand new mac with student discount, so you're probably better off just getting the newest model. The marketplace on this forum looks good though.

If you do decide to go with the Apple discount I think it would be worth buying from an Apple store with your NUS card as I would assume it's easier to return if you have any problems.

- Jamie

6. ProstheticHead macrumors 6502

Fly over here, snag a refurb for a decent price while on vacation, hide it in your bag and smuggle it back to the UK.

See the sights, get a great deal, and feel like a secret agent all at once!

Sounds like a plan to me.