LOYALTY/STORE CARD APP vs. MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTOR???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mechanesthesia, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mechanesthesia macrumors member

OK this is going to be my first iPhone.

I want a Mirror screen protector

Also, I want one of those apps that replaces all of your loyalty cards [e.g. CVS, Winn-Dixie, etc]

Will it be able to scan with the light turned on with the mirror shield??? Or will it bounce back?

2. BeckyG macrumors member

BeckyG

It will be able to be scanned. But... I would not get the mirror screen protector. I had it since January and it was OK in the winter, but as soon as it started getting nice out and I was outside more it became more and more difficult to see the screen. I finally took it off in mid-May - I couldn't take it anymore.

I used CardStar and it worked really well. Although the cashiers at Giant have to use their gun to scan my phone. I can't scan it like a grocery item.

3. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!!!!! :D

I've been looking everywhere for this, but couldn't find anyone that talked about this.

That's good to know! I'm getting a "normal" screen protector as a backup just in case. I just want the mirror protector because I'm getting a mirror/chrome case. I'm in South Florida so it's always UNBERABLY hot so I don't think the cold would be a problem!~ LOL! But I will keep that in mind for those rare times that it does get cold.