iPad LS Shore Weather - Custom iPad 3 Lockscreen

whitesmoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
After some heavy modding of the ToochB iphone lockscreen (changing resolutions, moving elements, ect.) here is what I have come up with. My first lockscreen for my iPad3 in all it's retina display beauty.

Version 1.3
- Added a modded transparent clean lockscreen slider from LS Drops
- You will need to install tweak "RemovePictureFrame" (Thanks Sylon)
- As always you will also need to install the tweak "Lockscreen ClockHide"

Edit: Link removed b/c lockscreen is available on cydia

All feedback is appreciated...

Last edited:

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
One criticism, the 1 is abnormally far from the 2 in the time.

Otherwise, where and when the heck can I get this?

Comment

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Looks nice. Are you going to make it available to the public?

If you do, please include the wallpaper. Looks like Wailea.

Comment

whitesmoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Just submitted to modmyi.com

I will let you know if it get published

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Looks nice, I agree that the spacing in the hour would bug me, but overall its very nice. And great picture as well.

I haven't looked at theming my iPad in ages, mostly because I couldn't:), but I'm assuming that widget won't autorotate still?

Comment

whitesmoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
it does rotate (the wallpaper is 2048X2048) but the clock and time are no longer centered. I agree about the "1" but the numbers are all individual png files and if I moved the "1" to the right then it would be too far right when the time was not out front...ie 3:18 would look like 3: 18.

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
it does rotate (the wallpaper is 2048X2048) but the clock and time are no longer centered. I agree about the "1" but the numbers are all individual png files and if I moved the "1" to the right then it would be too far right when the time was not out front...ie 3:18 would look like 3: 18.
Not sure I know what you mean by "when the time is not out front"? Is it because the 12 is not a 12 but actually a 1 and a 2?

Comment

whitesmoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry for my confusing explanation but you are right. The number 12 is composed of a "1" and a "2." All of the numbers are png files that are the same width. That is why a "1" has more space on both sides of it (since it is a narrow number) compared to something like a "0" which essentially takes up the width of the png file.

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Sorry for my confusing explanation but you are right. The number 12 is composed of a "1" and a "2." All of the numbers are png files that are the same width. That is why a "1" has more space on both sides of it (since it is a narrow number) compared to something like a "0" which essentially takes up the width of the png file.
OK, thats makes sense. Would it be somewhat easy to make a 11.png and a 12.png and change up the html to use those instead of a 1 and a 1 or a 1 and a 2?

I don't know how, I'm just thinking out loud:).

Comment

whitesmoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
ugh....

For some reason it looks completely messed up on my new iPad. Here's a screenshot:

Resubmitted on Cydia. Somehow I submitted an old html version...
first time submitting to cydia and a complete fail.

Link Removed
There is the link to the updated version (now with clear status bar)

Last edited:
Comment

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Not only am I having the problem that the other user posted a pic of, but the theme also causes the font on the calendar icon (that shows the number of the calendar day) to shrink. Will the update fix this as well?

Comment

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Will install. Is there a tweak also to go along with it to remove the slide to unlock and have like a touch to unlock or something ? As show on that screen shot above. You have the slide to unlock removed.
I'm looking for something to do this as well. I know the image names for the iPhone, but I have yet a lot to learn for the iPad.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.