LTE available in stores Friday

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Huskieboy, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Huskieboy Suspended

Anyone know they if LTE models will be available at store for walk in purchase on launch day?

2. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Check your Apple Store app. Quick answer is, "No." It'll likely be the 3-4 week wait. I bought multiple for delivery Friday. Check eBay, us who do that usually mark up 2x if you want one that badly, this late.

3. Huskieboy thread starter Suspended

I have one on order from Best Buy for October 6th. Wait won’t kill me. Was just curious

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

If the bad reviews keep coming out before the launch maybe people will cancel and there will be left overs

5. rdavis41 macrumors regular

rdavis41

I don’t put a lot of value in these bad reviews. From what I’ve looked at so far the bad reviews are from those that think you will spend large amount of times talking on your watch via lte. Thats not its purpose. Then again, I’ll gladly move up the preorder food chain.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I agree. These reviews don't make the Apple Watch "Bad". I don't think that's an appropriate word to use just because of LTE battery life. The Apple Watch does so many things well and LTE is brand new, which it will continue to improve for future models. This is also the number one smart watch on the market we are talking about, there certainly isn't anything bad about that.

7. jthiele87 macrumors newbie

Question. Why would Apple Store open extra early (8am special hours) if they don't have at least some walk in stock?
    I think I might take a chance in the morning.

8. ihonda macrumors 68000

I was told by Eton OH store they have plenty left for walk ins.

9. richard371 macrumors 68020

I thought I read somewhere if any are available for tomorrow they will show up at 12am pacific tonight in the apple store ap? Can anyone confirm that has been the case in the past.

10. warburg macrumors 6502a

I'll wait until they get the LTE problem straightened out before I jump, especially since I'm buying the Edition.

11. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Phil Holland

Just don’t connect to unsecured networks on your phone and you won’t have any problems

12. richard371 macrumors 68020

So as long as you have that turned off on the iPhone it solves the problem for the watch?you would think Apple would announce doing this rather then they are working on a fix to use for now. l

13. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Phil Holland

The phone connects to any network your phone allows so if you have an open network previously connected to with the iPhone the watch will connect to it.

This is with all watch os 4 watches.

https://www.imore.com/how-your-apple-watch-connects-wi-fi-networks-when-away-your-iphone

14. richard371 macrumors 68020

That’s what I thought. I turn off autojoin networks on my phone and only allow it to use my home WiFi. Anything else I select forget network and turn off auto connect so hopefully that will remedy the issue with the watch.

15. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

It’s impossible to get any meaningful info from the store about same day availability when you call. It’s a real crapshoot about showing up early and waiting or just pre-ordering.
    Has anyone heard anything specific when calling the stores about particular models, ie SS

16. darkmatter343 macrumors regular

I tried... didn't get far. I called one of the Apple store's here in Toronto, but as I expected, she was very careful with her words and wouldn't even hint at available stock tomorrow. I even asked if she could tell me how last years launch went, but she still wouldn't give me anything, just kept telling me to show up tomorrow and then they'll have an answer.

17. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Interesting. That’s the point. They have a good idea if they will have limited or even no stock available and for which model since everything they’re getting in is either being held for those who pre-ordered or will be available for walkins. I understand not wanting to commit to a response that wouldn’t be true, however it would be good to have some idea to be able to plan out whether you would like to show up there at all

18. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Life goes on, I can wait for it to come to my door. Waiting in line is for the young peeps.

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

Heh. You're retired, perfect opportunity to go people watch. :)

I've waited on launch day once just to say I did. Kinda fun. Once. Can't see myself doing it again. Definitely not if it meant skipping out on a day job or burning a vacation day. This was a coincidence of happening to be on business travel with no appointments that morning so I decided to go for it.

20. Stlcheer macrumors 6502

I'll be checking my local ATT to see if they get any in. My ship date is showing 10/27-11/3.

21. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

John Lewis have them available in UK. I just bought mine online a few mins ago. Comes tomorrow. LTE.

22. ascender macrumors 68020

ascender

I decided to play the waiting game, but the more I find out about the LTE watch i'm convinced its a great upgrade from an S0. I just need to find an S3 LTE watch in stock, in alu or SS now!

23. Nike711 macrumors newbie

24. redavis41, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

redavis41 macrumors member

redavis41

Hmmm, guess I'm going to Eton after the kids get on the bus!

Update: I went in and there were plenty of options for LTE Watches. I went with a 42mm Space Gray with Gray band. I also tried on the Ceramic Gray. That watch is beautiful in person. It blends very well with the band.

25. lmcrael macrumors member

I walked in the store this morning and picked one up no problem.