Lte connection keeps disconnecting. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rcracerg911, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Rcracerg911, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

Rcracerg911 macrumors member

My series 3 connects to LTE then drops it’s a minute later and wont reconnectuntil I toggle cellular off then on. It’s possible it is related to the antenna size but not sure. My phone gets 2 to 3 bars of lte and 3 to 4 of 4g. To get the LtE modem to even attempted to connect I’m turning off Wifi off at home and turning phone off. Thoughts? Anyone Have similar results with the lte connection? Thanks.

2. Adamysu macrumors member

I kept getting the red X at the top of the screen the other day. I was in an area where I get LTE signal on my phone all the time. Seems like sometimes it has a hard time connecting to cellular.

3. Rcracerg911 thread starter macrumors member

That’s what I’m experiencing too.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The AW3 will not have the best reception. Just it's size is limiting plus the receiver has to be minimal to save battery power.

5. Rcracerg911 thread starter macrumors member

Just hope future firmware updates help a little.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I am afraid it will always be somewhat limited. It is the hardware that is the problem.

7. ZipZap macrumors 603

I thought Apple has already acknowledged an issue with lte connections?

8. mzanker macrumors regular

Yes, but that's to do with the watch clinging on to WiFi networks that use secondary authentication (e.g. captive portal). This is an issue with the watch's ability to hold on to an LTE signal.

I've been having the same problem and updating to iOS 4.1 developer beta hasn't helped.

9. slayer1551 macrumors member

slayer1551

That doesn’t explain why my friends watch will not stay connected. He can toggle airplane mode and it has full bars then gradually drops until it disconnects where as mine stays connected with full signal. His was working fine last week and we were in the middle of a park with no WiFi hotspots for the watch to connect too

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Maybe it is defective.

11. slayer1551 macrumors member

slayer1551

Possibly, I’ll wait and see if EE have any luck re adding the watch after it being reset. If that fails I’ll get Apple to replace it

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have seen two identical iPhones sitting right next to each other on the same carrier with one phone showing full bars and the other 1-2 bars and fluctuating to 0 bars. It had to be replaced. Hope you get it sorted out.