LTE iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KoukiFC3S, Mar 19, 2011.

1. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I just got my Verizon Thunderbolt yesterday. It's an LTE phone and the speeds are amazing!

Here is a speedtest of my iPad tethered to 4G.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. npro1464 macrumors member

The Thunderbolt is a nice phone, and will probably be my next phone. I'm planning on doing the same. Is ur iPad tethered through Wifi Tether (via root) or is it tethered through a Verizon tether plan?

3. KoukiFC3S thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tethering is free until may 15, so I'm using that for now.

4. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

How's the battery? Heard it was not great. Don't have "4g" but your speed is twice what I get for 3 g. I want 30 down or more. Read that 4g supposed to be 100 down. 4g supposed to better than most wifi. Guess, if you have "4g", why not have it. Not sure if it is worth the extra per month. I prefer a dual core phone. Looking forward to iPhone 5.

5. MikeNemat macrumors regular

Not sure why you'd need 4G to get those speeds. I get those speeds on 3G with Rogers in Canada. Their prices might be brutal but their service is fast!

6. gus6464 macrumors regular

People are getting crazy speeds on the Thunderbolt. The 7 mbit on that pics is on the low end compared to some areas where people are hitting 15-20mbit. I might pick up an LTE Verizon mobile hotspot when they become available.

7. KoukiFC3S thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fastest I got so far is 12Mbps.

I don't use my phone much, so my battery is good.

8. iLuis macrumors member

4G is not in all the places until 2013 and you need to pay soon for the tethering, if you don't have 4G in you area. Is time to use the 3G and is so SLOW!!!
    Now you are getting that cuz the LTE is new... wait until more devices got the LTE network. :(

Nice phone bro. :D

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I picked up my Thunderbolt yesterday to replace my Droid 1. LTE is just freaking amazing. Makes my iPad 1 and my Xoom look like they are standing still.

10. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

What are you really going to use that speed for on the iPad 2? Web pages open the exact same as they would on 3G. Seeing as how there are bandwidth caps in place, speeds like this wouldn't really help the iPad at all. More speed is always great, but on the iPad, how would you really utilize it?

11. Pirahna macrumors newbie

Pirahna

It would be nice for watching videos online without constant buffeting.

12. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

You buy a Thunderbolt on day one; yet make this statement.

Sorry; you just fibbed. ;)

13. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

But how much video are you actually watching away from Wi-Fi? I mean I see your point, but overall, seems a little overkill.

14. bossxii macrumors 68000

Seen a review of the Thunderbolt getting 16 down, 34 up.. Are they already throttling the connection?

He'll I can pull 6mb down, 2.5mb up on ATT 3G, sure as he'll hope that is not all LTE has to offer.