Carrier LTE issues with AT&T iPhone 5s

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
So I have had my iPhone 5s since Jan. everything is been great. On Saturday I got to work and it showed I had LTE coverage, but nothing would connect. I had switch off LTE for the phone to connect to the network. I thought maybe it was just a bad reception day, and didn't think twice about it. Well this morning I went to look something up on Safari, and the thing just would not do anything. I then try to do a speed test, and again nothing would happen. I then turned off LTE and emails started showing up from early in the day, and it connected to the network.

I wanted to see if this would be something I need to contact AT&T about, or is there something wrong with my iPhone?

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
Have you tried restoring it? You should try that first and see if it still happens.

Also, if you can try someone else's sim card and see if it still does it.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Have you tried restoring it? You should try that first and see if it still happens.

Also, if you can try someone else's sim card and see if it still does it.

I have no restore it. I am not sure what that would do to help?

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
I have no restore it. I am not sure what that would do to help?
Well that's the thing, we don't know if it is software related or hardware related right now.

If you don't want to restore, go into settings and reset your network settings. See if that helps.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Well that's the thing, we don't know if it is software related or hardware related right now.

If you don't want to restore, go into settings and reset your network settings. See if that helps.

Oh ok. I will give it a try. Now if I did restore could I do it from a backup, or do I need to start new?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Unless I overlooked where you said you did the first thing I'd try is a reset. Power + home buttons until you see the Apple logo. No data is lost.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Unless I overlooked where you said you did the first thing I'd try is a reset. Power + home buttons until you see the Apple logo. No data is lost.

Ok will do. I have tried turning it off and back on. Thanks for the help.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Ok will do. I have tried turning it off and back on. Thanks for the help.
If a reset doesn't do the trick, don't skip right to a full restore.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings

Note: you'll lose all your saved wifi passwords.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
If a reset doesn't do the trick, don't skip right to a full restore.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings

Note: you'll lose all your saved wifi passwords.

I did the network restore, and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks everyone for the help. I will update if I have anymore issues.