LTE Migration to new apple watch

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
What is the best way to do this? Do I have to cancel my old LTE plan? Does the setup ask me to transfer?

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
What is the best way to do this? Do I have to cancel my old LTE plan? Does the setup ask me to transfer?
I have At&t, I unpaired my watch, during that it asks if you want to keep or remove your cellular plan from the watch. I removed it, and paired the new watch, asked for my carrier details and it added it to my new watch. Worked easily for me, I know others have had some issues.

burgman

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2013
Yes it gives the option to transfer number or get new, i’m on Verizon so can’t comment on other carriers. One thing for don’t call Verizon they haven’t a clue, again I would have thought they would have learned from the series 3 debacle.

burgman

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2013
The post above mine is what I did. Verizon is having severe outage problems today, customer service is down also. Might wait until they fix their issues, it might be affecting activations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.