LTE not working on iOS 7

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Today I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5.

I shortly noticed that LTE doesn't show up and also if I go to Settings > Cellular It says: Enable 3G, before (iOS 6) there was Enable LTE.

I don't know why, until this morning I was using LTE.

I tried to remove my SIM for some minutes, to check updates (operator) and reboot but nothing.

Do you know how can I fix this?

Thank$

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Today I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5.

I shortly noticed that LTE doesn't show up and also if I go to Settings > Cellular It says: Enable 3G, before (iOS 6) there was Enable LTE.

I don't know why, until this morning I was using LTE.

I tried to remove my SIM for some minutes, to check updates (operator) and reboot but nothing.

Do you know how can I fix this?

Thank$
It's a developer beta, which is meant for developers only to test their applications on the iOS 7 platform, and nothing else.

If you read the release notes in the Developer portal, you'd see a list of most common issues.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
LTE does work for many.

It may just be broken for your carrier. BETA. *shrug*.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
LTE is working for me. I have Verizon, haven't had any issue with it going out. It could be a glitch I'd wait about a week a new beta should be coming

patrikr

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Works here too on Verizon but have noticed I sometimes lose data connection and have to reboot the phone to get it back.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Make sure you are using the latest carrier file. You may have a conflict with existing provisioning files too if you upgraded and didn't do a clean install.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Make sure you are using the latest carrier file. You may have a conflict with existing provisioning files too if you upgraded and didn't do a clean install.
How can I check if I'm using the latest carrier file?
Btw I did a backup from iCloud (so not a clean install) and also checked for updates and removed SIM but nothing.

Very weird that with iOS 6 it worked and now it doesn't.
LTE it's up to the operator not to Apple, so even if iOS 7 is buggy it's not supposed to be an iOS bug.. :O

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Do a reset … hold Home+Power till the phone powers off and then restarts.
Rest your network/cellular settings.
If it continues to fail, live with it or fall back to iOS 6, but bug it to Apple.

LTE is working for me in the sticks of Minnesota.