LTE on iPhone 5 w/NET10?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lolkthxbai, Oct 31, 2013.

1. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

2. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I got it working! I let my service get cancelled and reactivated it with a new airtime ePIN. I turn the phone off and back on and then, viola!

Attached Files:

3. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

How old was your sim card?

4. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Deleted.

----------

I've only been with NET10 for the past 2 months. I bought my SIM card from TigerDirect in that multipack that comes with 3 SIM cards. 2 AT&T-compatible and 1 T-Mobile- compatible. It was a regular size SIM card so I had to trim it to fit my iPhone 5.

----------

I don't think it matters because I had LTE turned on and NET10 started offering the LTE coverage before I lost service. It was only until I reactivated my service and SIM card that the LTE signal showed up on my phone.

5. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Oh ok because I have an old Straight Talk and Net10 ATT Sim card I was gonna activate and kinda wanted to get LTE but didn't know if I needed a new sim card, Which seems like I don't. What APN did you use?

6. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

That's the funny part. I didn't have to manually load the APN settings. Before I reactivated I had updated to 7.0.3 and was asked if I wanted to update my carrier settings. Of course, I did, and since then I deleted my APN profile and didn't need it to access data. So after I activated, LTE just popped up by itself. :D my carrier settings says TFW(tracfone wireless) 15.6 under settings>general>about.

7. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Wow crazy. Thats cool. :cool: