LTE or WiFi Heating Up More?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iBighouse, Mar 20, 2012.

1. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

I just returned from my local Apple store and felt the models on display carefully. Both Wifi and LTE models were rather warm, and it was clearly the LTE model that was the warmest to my touch.

Has anyone heard anything about whether it's the LTE models or just randomly any models that heat up?

I'll be buying mine on Saturday and it may effect my decision if it's the LTE models that get much warmer.

2. badtzwang macrumors regular

For what its worth, I have a Wifi version and noticed that the left hand side (in portrait mode) got warm with moderate use, even before all of the "heat-gate" articles popped up today. Having said that, I'm surprised that its getting this much attention because its a very minor issue.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Really? You'll forego persistent connectivity to avoid a few degrees of temperature?

Ummmm, get an Incipio feather case that covers the back. You won't be able to feel any "heat" and you'll protect the back of your iPad from scratches too.

4. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

That's exactly what I intend to do- come Saturday I expect to walk out of my local Apple store with a black AT&T 4G LTE iPad with 64GB of memory, a black leather smart cover and to that I'll later add the Incipio black feather back.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Sweeeeet. I have a similar setup but with the Marware micro shell. Triple black looks awesome!

6. SgtBullmoose macrumors member

Using a leather case, the iPad just gets slightly warm. Not a big deal even though it was 25 degrees celsius out today.