LTE problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Usehername, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Usehername macrumors member

Anyone know if this is normal? Little past noon I noticed my iPhone 5 LTE drop to no service then 4G shows up. I have not so good LTE connection to begin with(2 bars) but since this afternoon I have yet to connect back to LTE(LTE is enabled). iPhone is a little over a week old, and this is the first time this has happened. My bro picked up his phone same time as me and his phone shows LTE connection. Should I be worried?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try restarting the phone.
    Turn off LTE and enable it again.
    If the signal is weak it wont connect as easy and will stay on 4G/3G instead.

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we started to have this problem around 7pm. This is on the AT&T network. My niece had the same problem on an AT&T android device.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I've always had this problem in Denver. No wait, I'VE NEVER HAD LTE IN COLORADO. **** YOU AT&T!:mad:

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Currently, my family members are bouncing back and forth between no service to 4G and no voice mail. Haven't seen LTE for about an hour now.

6. Usehername thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm getting LTE now, I did turn on/off LTE in settings as well as hard resetting phone. That didn't help at the time, but what I did notice was my phone from time to time going from no service back to full bars while I was using it. So I do know it was trying to get a connection. As for why my bro's phone showed connection and mines didn't I have no idea.