LTE toggle in Control Centre

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Ok, for me this is a very crucial because I switch between wifi and data VERY frequently.

Is there anyway I could put a data toggle in the control center instead of the default ones (e.g. the rarely useful Airplane Mode !!!!!)???

And if there is not (which apparently is the case), could I do it with a widget or something?

P.S. I am not talking about switching between LTE, 3G and 4G. I am talking about "data" toggle in control center.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ok, for me this is a very crucial because I switch between wifi and data VERY frequently.

Is there anyway I could put a data toggle in the control center instead of the default ones (e.g. the rarely useful Airplane Mode !!!!!)???

And if there is not (which apparently is the case), could I do it with a widget or something?

P.S. I am not talking about switching between LTE, 3G and 4G. I am talking about "data" toggle in control center.
I'm not trying to be rude, just curious, but why is this necessary? What's the point of turning off data when on wifi?

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
I'm not trying to be rude, just curious, but why is this necessary? What's the point of turning off data when on wifi?
That is not the idea. The idea is turning data off when wifi is not around (AND I don't need the data). I prefer to keep the wifi ON all the time, and get the grab of controlling a data toggle to control it as per where I am at.

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That is not the idea. The idea is turning data off when wifi is not around (AND I don't need the data). I prefer to keep the wifi ON all the time, and get the grab of controlling a data toggle to control it as per where I am at.
It can't be done officially so you'll need to Jailbreak.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If you never want to use cellular data, you could just turn Cellular off and keep wifi on?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

Probably wish you had this, but Apple said it was to dangerous for us children to use responsibly.

Attachments

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It's for the times when the OP claims not to want cellular (which calls and SMS require). Enabling airplane mode turns wifi off but you can quickly turn wifi (and bluetooth) back on, all within Control Center.
I honestly don't think that is what the op is asking for here. I guess clarification might be needed, but in pretty sure the request is no. Cellular data, not no cellular alltogether.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN

I just leave my LTE on all the time, because when I'm on wifi, the iPhone will automatically default to wifi, and so even if LTE is on, it's not using any data.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I honestly don't think that is what the op is asking for here. I guess clarification might be needed, but in pretty sure the request is no. Cellular data, not no cellular alltogether.
Yeah, the OP should clarify what he meant by no data, because simply having wifi on will use that instead of cellular data yet will still allow you to receive calls and SMS.

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
lordofthereef is right of what I meant.

I meant that "whenever" I want the data off (regardless of wifi) I could.

If I want the data always off why would I ask the question in the first place? :D

yjchua95, That is an option, but when data is ON and you're not using it, it still send and receive signals as it receives notifications and everything (and no, I don't wish to turn off notifications).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
lordofthereef is right of what I meant.

I meant that "whenever" I want the data off (regardless of wifi) I could.

If I want the data always off why would I ask the question in the first place? :D

yjchua95, That is an option, but when data is ON and you're not using it, it still send and receive signals as it receives notifications and everything (and no, I don't wish to turn off notifications).
If it's just notifications and the like it's extremely minor use of data really.

But overall it sounds like there are times when you are not on WiFi and you want to disable cellular data (while keeping cellular itself enabled for calls and text messages) so that you are basically not using up whatever data allowance you have on your mobile plan, right? The only way to do that on a stock (non-jailbroken) iOS device is to go into settings and change that when you need/want that.

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
If it's just notifications and the like it's extremely minor use of data really.

But overall it sounds like there are times when you are not on WiFi and you want to disable cellular data (while keeping cellular itself enabled for calls and text messages) so that you are basically not using up whatever data allowance you have on your mobile plan, right? The only way to do that on a stock (non-jailbroken) iOS device is to go into settings and change that when you need/want that.
Apparently this is the case :(

Thanks guys