LTE vs Non-LTE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Alexanderyan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Alexanderyan macrumors newbie

Alexanderyan

Hey Everyone,

I want to buy the apple watch series 3 but I don't need the LTE. However, I noticed the Non-LTE version has composite back which is very disappointing. I'm planning to use the watch for 2 years, does anyone know if the composite back would hold up for that long? And that when it gets scratched, would the heart rate sensor be less accurate?

Thank you very much

2. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

I had a S0 sport that had the composite back. I had it since launch day and just recently replaced it with a LTE series 3. The composite back holds up fine and it will get fine scratches from the charger when charging. I never noticed any effect on the heart sensor.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

The LTE model also includes 16 GB vs 8 GB for the standard Series 3.

Dave

4. Alexanderyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Alexanderyan

Yeah, but I am not gonna store music on it and the only app i use is Gymatic for workout so I guess it won't make a difference for me? TBH, the only reason I am getting it is because I came across a study shows that Apple Watch is the most accurate heart rate sensor compares to other fitness trackers with the same optical sensor technology. So i can lose the chest strap for heart rate monitoring lol
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Cooool! Did you get AppleCare+ with it ?

5. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I couldn't care less about the back, which is only touching my skin and the charger.

6. Alexanderyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Alexanderyan

My main concern is just it would affect the accuracy of the heart rate monitor when it gets scratched.

7. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

I don’t remember if they were offering AC+ at that time, nor do I think I purchased any form of AC for it.

8. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I think it's like anything. Just use caution on how you handle it and I wouldn't set the watch backing on any hard surfaces that could potentially scratch it , but you won't have any issues if it's only on your wrist and on the charger.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yep. It had AC+. I bought AC+ with my pre-order for S0 launch day.