LTE with a corporate paid phone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by greenhut, Sep 18, 2017.

1. greenhut macrumors member

My iPhone is on a corporate account with AT&T. Will I be able to pay ATT the $10/month (on a personal account where my wife and kids have iPhones) and use it with my corporate account iPhone?

2. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

No as you won’t have access to make changes to your corporate phone plan.

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Sorry but no you can't split the Watch from the phone account. Here is the key quote' Your iPhone and Apple Watch must be on the same billing account".

Dave

4. greenhut thread starter macrumors member

5. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Or see if work will let you pay the $10. That is what I am planning on doing. Work pays all of my phone and data bill. It's the least I could do.

6. cforster macrumors 6502

I manage my company’s Verizon account, as the IT Director. I contacted Verizon today to inquire about adding my watch to our plan. They told me that this is only possible on personal or individual plans, not business or government plans. I pushed back and was never given a clear answer as to why.

I will be reaching out to my account representative tomorrow.

If you get any other information on this please report back.

7. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You might want to switch your corporate account to AT&T since AT&T supports the ability to add the Apple Watch LTE on CRU accounts.

The only issue I see is how to resolve the $10 payment with the employee(s) since it has to be billed to the Corporate Billing account.

AT&T allows authorized individuals allow or block at the individual line level or block the feature on all corporate Smartphones.

Dave

8. cforster macrumors 6502

I'm glad for you AT&T supports the Watch LTE on corporate plans. Verizon should, and I believe they will in time, but it really puts certain people in bad spot for the time being.

I wouldn't consider switching us over to AT&T, at this time anyway, for a lot of reasons. (Although this makes me want to!) I have nothing against AT&T, while their service is ok in our immediate area, Verizon's coverage is much better. Also, last time I met with our rep, Verizon was still cheaper.

The issue at hand is "Number Share" and it simply isn't supported on a corporate account. It is very disappointing. I'm not sure I will keep my shiny new Space Black Stainless Steel Watch LTE if I'm forced to have to use it with a line on my personal account. While I do have one I can use it with, my primary line for both personal and work is on my corporate account. I'm assuming with iCloud that the only thing that would be impacted would be phone calls. I assume all the data would still come across, I would still be able to stream Music, receive iMessages, etc. on the watch. (I rarely get standard text messages anymore)

I even considered just testing by forwarding my work number to my personal number and using my personal line so the Watch would work like intended with Number Share, but when I make calls it would throw off all my contacts by showing up as a different number.

I'll test it out and see. I'm betting I end up returning it and continue using my existing Series 2 SS Watch.