LTE. Worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Quad 68030, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Quad 68030 macrumors newbie

Just looking for some opinions about LTE. I'm upgrading to the iPhone 5 and was wondering if LTE is worth the money.

I've been with AT&T since the first iPhone so I have an unlimited plan with them. I haven't had any issues with their service but LTE speed is hard to resist. Unfortunately, neither AT&T or Verizon have LTE where I live yet. I've heard that Verizon should be here by year's end but AT&T won't until some time next year at the earliest (if I'm lucky).

It just disgusts me when I see Verizon's shared plans that would cost me around $110-120 per month. I only pay $65 per month with my iphone 4 on AT&T now. Is doubling my bill worth it?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

If you don't have any issues, it probably isn't worth doubling your bill. LTE will come eventually.

3. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Answer

No.

Wait for AT&T to catch up.
    Unless you are made of money of course.

4. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

You're in the same boat I'm in right now. I'm with att with no LTE in my area and verizon has a ton of LTE towers here. Is there anyone you can share a family plan with? This seems to be the cheapest option for people going to the share everything plans to save money.

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

If neither has LTE right now, why not just wait and see which one gets it first. But really, how fast do you need a phone internet connection to be?

6. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

7. Saberon macrumors 6502a

A couple months ago I visited Calgary and took my iPad 3.....55Mbps down and 28Mbps up consistently. Needless to say regular 3G is painfully slow. Can't wait for the iPhone 5!

8. Quad 68030 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I been thinking no as well. Especially since I usually get around 5-6 Mbits down and almost no dropped calls with my iPhone 4. Thanks guys

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Funny, I have an iPhone with AT&T that I am out of contract.

I thought, forget them and their restrictions, I can jump to Verizon.

Then I got a load of their prices. I was shocked.
    For the same $80 plan with AT&T, it was about $120 on V.

Good luck with that, I'll stay where I am at. Luckily, I have let in my area.