lter 2012 iMac 21'5 - how to turn off the screen in windows?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Bcchuang, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Bcchuang macrumors newbie

I just bought my first iMac and I install windows via bootcamp for working purpose.

I want to turn off the screen without sleeping it. I tried decrease the brightness to zero but it still "bright". I also tried the shortcut "Shift + Control + Eject" but it didn't work and I think this only work in Mac OS only.

Do anyone know how to turn off the screen in window please?

Thanks a lot!:)

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

[​IMG]

Just kidding.

Don't think you can turn off the display without sleep or shutdown.

3. Serban Suspended

Is there an option to do nothing when you press the power button? If it is i think it only turn off the screen

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

The Power button does not turn off the display on a short press, you'll get a dialogue box on the screen what to do, i.e. turn of or sleep the Mac.
    A long press will instantly switch off the Mac, which you should not do iunder normal circumstances.

5. boto macrumors 6502

boto

You need to navigate to your power options in the control panel to adjust when your display sleeps, while your hard disk remains awake. This is the only solution that works for me. After you opening it, three options "Power saver", "High performance", and "Balance" options will be presented. Whichever option you plan on using, select the advance label and scroll down to displays to alter when your display sleeps, hard drive sleeps, and the level of brightnesses when dimmed.

I don't know if there is a difference between the 21 and 27" models in terms of brightness adjusting, but my 27" iMac is able to lower the brightness fully off in Windows 8. Not sure why you can't.