Lubuntu help needed!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jrsx, Dec 14, 2013.

1. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

So I booted up into a live Lubuntu 13.10 PPC DVD, and everything seemed fine, at first. The first time I don't know, but the second time, it came up with a message at startup saying something about software drivers. Both times, however, when the graphical screen comes up, everything gets super pixaly and goes different colors. See the pic below for reference. Its really annoying and its done this twice. When you try and open a windows, say "install lubuntu 13.10", it will come up, but only the top of it. This can also be seen in the picture. Please help! There is no way to install Lubuntu if I can't see the install screen, and I can't find a fix! Please help soon! I only have 3 DVDs left now, and I feel really bad because they were my sister's last DVDs. I don't know if I have wasted one already...

Attached Files:

2. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

3. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

Thanks man! Worked like a charm! I tried to install, but somehow it wiped my entire hard drive. So after I install OS X again, I'll have to figure out how to install Lubuntu. Thanks though, that worked!

4. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

Yeah, I was expecting it not to work, as everything else I had tried worked. But there you are! Thanks again.