Lucca, a dog and Marine, receives Medal

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rshrugged, Apr 6, 2016.

1. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Thank you, Lucca.

[​IMG]

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/05/us/lucca-marine-dog-medal-honor-irpt/index.html

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Right on!!! I know some will feel differently but to me this is awesome and from the sound of it, well deserved!

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Definitely well deserved!

And I know that some will definitely feel differently to me, but I believe.. hell, I know for a fact (having personal experience with it) that people in this country, let alone the world, really underestimate the value that service animals provide.. They truly forget that it isn't just an animal (in this case, as well as mine, a dog), but is in fact an animal in the service of someone who needs them. This dog helped to save lives, and there are many others out there which while their job isn't in the military, their service is invaluable.

The more people would know about what service animals do, the more respect people would give them.

BL.

4. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

Agree with you 100%.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I saw this first on Twitter and thought it was great. Though I did reply to NBC Nightly News on Twitter because they mistakenly referred to the Gunny as a soldier! Us Marines don't like being called soldiers. ;) Lester Holt told the story correctly on the news cast that night. :)

6. rshrugged thread starter macrumors 6502a

So Twitter does have some redeeming qualities. :eek:

More on this (including 3 photos) in a story at marines.mil that predates the one in the OP :
    http://www.imef.marines.mil/News/Ne...ng-dog-receives-dickin-medal-for-heroism.aspx

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I like Twitter and mostly use it to follow a few friends and news or educational things that I'm interested in. I don't do Facebook, that's far too annoying for me.