Lucid Mac dreams?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kingsly, May 24, 2007.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

This is going to sound really geeky (it is :cool: ), but last night I had an awesome lucid dream in which I got my hands on an iPhone (Jack bauer was there too... but I was far too interested in the phone :D )

Anyone else had lucid dreams involving an Apple product?

2. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I'm sure I've had dreams with apple products in them, but I can't recall any where I knew I was dreaming and took advantage of that in the dream.

Is that what you mean?

3. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

I even made a topic about a dream I once had.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i've never had dreams concerning apple products (not even a cameo). what really gets me is that i've never had a lucid dream. :(

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

No, but I've had my fair share of geeky dreams...like dreaming that I was writing code controlling my dream (why does this sound horribly recursive :eek: ), when I reached this part where I was coding a part of the dream where I am supposed to wake up when I hear a phone ringing...and at that moment my cellphone rang and woke me up. It was creepy but funny and insanely geeky - it was in some made up language that felt like a hybrid between java and objc and... :D

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yes.

It was about a truly next generation Apple laptop. Thing is I did my research and this is possible to make now. It'd just cost an absolute fortune! The sad bit is I don't want to go into any detail just incase I do propose the idea myself to a computer maker :p

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You guys won't believe this, but I once had a dream that a new iPod had just been released. The next day, Apple released an unexpected minor update :eek:

8. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Yep, except for me it's never really 100% lucid. I don't think I've ever actually thought "whaddya know! I'm dreaming! I think I'll teleport to Rome" during a dream.
    Instead I take the hard route, where I simply use every ounce of willpower to manipulate the altered reality that is my dream.
    There are still flying penguins and water still pours up, but I do manage a small degree of control over what goes on... :)

I'd love an actual lucid dream though. Perhaps one that takes place inside Apple HQ? ;) :cool: :D
    [​IMG]

9. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

When I was on my excursion in the bush for 23 days with the school and all I had a dream about a newly released intel core duo mac. An iBook pro (not a macbook :p)that said "iBook pro" on the back, the writing lit up and it looked all cool. I even imagined the magnetic charger and the small widescreen format. I think my dream was substantiated by rumours I'de heard before leaving but nevertheless it was quite a cool premonition.

10. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

That's just scary. Like "the matrix has you" kind of scary.

11. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

how accurate were you? ;)

12. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

I had a dream where the hamburger was eating ME!

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I dreamed it was something completely new. All they really did was add more colours or something. As I don't have many computer-related dreams, I'm going to document the next one! :p

14. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Me too!

I dreamed about the iPhone also, only it was still in beta and some apps didn't work. Another time I dreamed I had 10.2 installed on my pismo and secret Apple agents were chasing after me everytime I used the internet...

15. jeff127 macrumors member

I once had a dream involving a MBP but recently I was lucky enought to have a proper lucid dream. :D

I 'spawned' an iPod Mini to check it worked and I then spawned a Veyron and Zonda and drove them at high speed. :D :D :D

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

In Soviet Russia...

Earlier this week, I had a dream that I was driving on a highway in Japan, going rather fast, passing many cops (but none of them wanted to pull me over?), and such. I mean, I know my Impreza is built entirely in Japan, but it was actually my own car, so LHD, speedo in MPH, and whatnot. I think the weirdest part was that the road looked just like an interstate from the U.S., complete with driving on the right, but all the signs were in Japanese, with metric units. It took me a while to figure out if I was speeding or not. 140KM/h speed limit though. :eek:

17. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

I dreamed a terminal prompt, and was busy securing my Apache webserver, and preventing my roommates from accessing sensitive documents in the file hierarchy. No idea why, need to get rid of the laptop over the holiday.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I believe you. I've had many dreams that have either abstractly become real, or full on real!
    Had a dream I met a girl, then I met her 6 months later. Exactly the same from my dream. Had a dream that she would hurt herself flying a powerkite and she did :eek: ... I hope my Apple laptop dream comes true! It's a very beautiful piece of kit ;)

19. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Don't think this is weird or anything, but I had a dream last night that I was getting married at Apple HQ. It was very futuristic, it floated in they sky. I walked up the steps and went into the main area and saw two floating platforms attached to the top of the massive main stairs in the building. I went over to the one on the right and there were a few glass boxes with old Macs in them, it was a Macs through history thing... I walked over to an "old" (it's years upon years into the future) PowerBook G4 (I've never gotten the chance do use one, but I want to, it's just a goal for my life) and began to play on it, but then I woke up.

20. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I've had a few wet dreams about Apple products. ;)

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As promised... :p

The 12th iPhone app will be TV Shows. Unlike using it in "iPod mode", the shows will stream wirelessly from your computer, and therefore won't waste the phone's memory.

Yeah, I don't believe this either :rolleyes:

22. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

How sad is this: I had a dream last night about a Macbook and focused on the touchpad and how it could click and right-click. "Wow!"
    What a geek am I? :(