Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Well, what can I say. The store where I ordered my 64GB Wifi iPad 2 sold the unit that was supposed to be mine. When I talked to the manager, he apologized and offered to sell me a 64GB AT&T iPad 2 at a little bit of a discount. I had to think about it for about half a second... ;)

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
would be cooler if he gave you it for freeeeeee!!! :D

nice, how much of a discount???

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Since he sold your unit, does that mean you're still waiting for your discounted iPad?

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Well, what can I say. The store where I ordered my 64GB Wifi iPad 2 sold the unit that was supposed to be mine. When I talked to the manager, he apologized and offered to sell me a 64GB AT&T iPad 2 at a little bit of a discount. I had to think about it for about half a second... ;)

That is sweet indeed - which store is this?

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
That is sweet indeed - which store is this?

As he was quite nice to me, I don't really want to potentially tick him off by advertising the fact that he sold one of the most sought after iPad models at a discount. I'd rather stay in his good graces, so I'm not going to say which store, sorry.

And, to answer the other poster, it was a $40 discount.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
As he was quite nice to me, I don't really want to potentially tick him off by advertising the fact that he sold one of the most sought after iPad models at a discount. I'd rather stay in his good graces, so I'm not going to say which store, sorry.

Hey that's not bad at all. Lucky you, congrats.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Very lucky, the Apple store sold my iPad which I reserved and they didn't offer me any discount, they told me to come back the following Tuesday.

Luckily I managed to track one down at a reseller down the road from the Apple Store that night.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Lucked out... Tweet!

fixed it for you.

seriously, does every single ipad score merit a separate thread?

Xeperu

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2010
Wanna know luck? My colleague was stunned by my iPad2 32 2G and offered to buy it from me. I did, ordered a new 64 at the price he gave me, had it the next day.

Free upgrades rock ;)

Last edited:

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011

I meant to ask whether it was a Target/Apple/Bestbuy store rather than the physical store that sold it to you for a discount - I did not see any mention of Apple or any other store in your post - so didn't want to assume its an Apple store

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
I meant to ask whether it was a Target/Apple/Bestbuy store rather than the physical store that sold it to you for a discount - I did not see any mention of Apple or any other store in your post - so didn't want to assume its an Apple store

Actually, it was a local chain, not a national chain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.