Lucky Labs iPhone 4 Decal Wrap

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Steven Mattera, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Steven Mattera macrumors newbie

Steven Mattera

So I just bought some iPhone 4 Decal wraps from Lucky Labs. Heard about them from a co-worker and I have to rave about how awesome these are! I bought two packs, they come in 3 packs for $9.99. These wraps look AMAZING and also really helps the death grip issue while making your phone look unique. See pictures and link below!

Lucky Labs: http://www.etsy.com/shop/luckylabs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

3. Steven Mattera thread starter macrumors newbie

Steven Mattera

It was a little tricky drunk a Monster energy drink before I got them in today... bad idea. lol :D If you have a steady hand it should be no problem. Only thing is I had to do the bottom again. its a great thing these come in 3 packs because if you pull them up you stretch the vinyl so I had to use another bottom piece.

4. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

My only problem with these is they don't go on perfectly. You can still see aluminum in random spots which makes it very noticeable with the color options. How was your experience?

5. firteen888 macrumors regular

Looks cool...

- How easy was the installation?
    - What other colors did you get?
    - Can we get some more pics of the other sides of the phone?

Thanks for the link

6. Steven Mattera thread starter macrumors newbie

Steven Mattera

There is spots you can see aluminum mainly on the bottom the holes don't line up real well, but it's also the bottom of the phone so I'm not bothered by it. When viewing it from the front/back you can see a line of aluminum because it sticks out a bit, but it adds a cool look to it in my opinion. As for the lock button, Headphone, top microphone, volume, and lock switch they are all pretty close.

- Installation like I said before was easy, probably would have been easier without the energy drink making me shaky.
    - I got 2 Orange, 2 Red, 1 Black, and 1 white. My co-worker is going to use the red I'll post pictures when he has done his iPhone 4.
    - MOAR PICTURES!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the low resolution using the web cam on my MacBook Pro. Don't have my droid on me at work.

7. Macmar88 macrumors member

I just order mine.. I really like this does it add much thickness

8. Steven Mattera thread starter macrumors newbie

Steven Mattera

Not that you will be able to feel. Its very thin! ;)

9. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

10. mvdoc79 macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

11. firteen888 macrumors regular

The black looks good. Is that the Matte black or the Glossy? I'm thinking about getting the silver since that would be the closest to the actual look of the phone.

12. Steven Mattera thread starter macrumors newbie

Steven Mattera

Pretty sure you can request either Glossy or Matte Black. ;)

13. firteen888 macrumors regular

Yea, I was just wondering which one he had on his phone in the pic. Doesn't matter anyway, I just ordered a matte black, glossy black and metallic silver. Hopefully they come soon!

14. mvdoc79 macrumors newbie

The one in the pic is the "matte black". It is slightly shiny just because it is vinyl (similar to electrical tape). I also have the metallic silver and white. all for $9

15. firteen888 macrumors regular

I just bought the metallic silver, hows the color compared to the sides of the iphone? I'm hoping it's a similar color.

16. fender57 macrumors 6502

Does it really help with the death grip issue though? The gaps are still exposed, technically speaking, couldn't the moisture from hands make its way into the gap and compromise the reception?

17. mvdoc79 macrumors newbie

no change in death grip for me. But i'm not a "bar watcher". I don't give a crap if I get 2 bars instead of 4, as long as my phone doesn't drop the call!

18. fender57 macrumors 6502

Thanks. Any feedback from those that experience dropped calls or data degradation?

19. mvdoc79 macrumors newbie

similar but not the same. a quick glance and your phone will look "stock" but if you look close you can tell the color is different.

20. mvdoc79 macrumors newbie

here is a quick pick taken of the metallic silver.

Attached Files:

21. Buddhaluver macrumors regular

Buddhaluver

Looks great can't wait to get mine in the mail!!!

22. goodscoolwf macrumors newbie

looks wonderful! It is really a masterpiece in Decal Wrap, which caught my eyes at the first time.

23. sm0 macrumors regular

thanks very much for the pic - it looks great (much better than the bumper). Hope you're not putting a case over it. :)

24. mvdoc79 macrumors newbie

No case for me unless I start getting dropped calls. As far as I know the bridging of the antennas in the lower left of the ip4 can't be corrected with tape or thin skins. They are not adequate insulators at that thickness.

25. scottbushey macrumors member

To Thetonyclifton:

I see you use a Sena case. These edge wraps looks exactly what Wrapsol provides with their kits. Does it make it difficult getting them out of the Sena?