Lucky Labs-Matte Black (HQ Pics)

map1978

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Well I got my matte black, white , and silver in the mail. Not bad, 4 days it only took. As an ex Apple employee who has put 100s of screen protectors on for customers, I found these kind of a pain to put on. Probably because I was so excited and didn't read the paper instructions :D I stretched the volume button side a touch so it covers the antenna (even though I have no problems with reception).

Thought I'd share a few pics for those curious to see the look.

I like the naked look, so I have the SGP crystal and cube backing on right now

Fits great over the black and white bumpers I have as well

Anyways, here are the pics

austin571

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
Knoxville
Nice, I've been waiting on my order to come in. Guess it got lost in the usps, but they are making good on the order.
Where did you get that top wallpaper pic?

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Nice, I really like it. By the way, how are you satisfied with the Carbon Back Skin from SGP?!?

map1978

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Can I pick 3 different colors from them in $10?
yes u can

when you checkout, just let them know the colors you want in the "message to seller" area of the checkout

Nice, I really like it. By the way, how are you satisfied with the Carbon Back Skin from SGP?!?
i love it...no more fingerprint problems and not as slippery now...like the glass back i felt was

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Thank a bunch for the fast reply! I appreciate it a lot.
Please keep up posted on how the new decals hold up. I hope they won't stretch or something after a while :)

map1978

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thank a bunch for the fast reply! I appreciate it a lot.
Please keep up posted on how the new decals hold up. I hope they won't stretch or something after a while :)
not a problem

seem like really good quality and after putting on/taking off the bumper (for work purposes) there holding up great! not peeling up or ripping anywhere

definitely worth $10 for 3 sets

the cube backing is also holding up nicely after a few weeks of usage

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
I dunno if I should go for the Carbon, Cube or Leather skin back guard.
I don't like the Cube design a lot so my options are Carbon OR Leather.
What do you think? :)

map1978

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I dunno if I should go for the Carbon, Cube or Leather skin back guard.
I don't like the Cube design a lot so my options are Carbon OR Leather.
What do you think? :)
i was originally gonna go with the leather, but they were out of stock. i wanted something fast (i hate fingerprints lol) so i got the cube

looks better in person IMO than the pics show

leather look is definitely more a professional look....reminds me of my BB Bold 9000 I had

i would get leather if i can order all over again, but im def happy with my cube

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Wait, isn't your skin the carbon one? Wow if it's the cube one from what I can see it looks really sweet. I understand you, I hate fingerprints too...
Matte Finish skin from phantomskinz is on my way... It looks really sweet.

map1978

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Wait, isn't your skin the carbon one? Wow if it's the cube one from what I can see it looks really sweet. I understand you, I hate fingerprints too...
Matte Finish skin from phantomskinz is on my way... It looks really sweet.
nope i got the cube one

check out a better pic i took last week

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
That looks good map :) I like it now! SGP need better photos that those dark background ones. it's really hard to see the details...

punisher1-1

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
I just received my carbon fiber back with the ultra crystal and they look amazing. I ordered on Tuesday and received it on Friday and it was the easiest screen protector to put on. I had the ghost armour on before it and the bumper peeled up the edges and the screen felt rubbery. The ultra clear is ultra clear and feels almost exactly like the actual iPhone screen and has no issues with the bumper. The carbon fiber back lines up perfect and has a great feel to it. I will post pics later but it's well worth the 13 bucks