Lucky Labs Or SGP Carbon skins??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kone 33, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Kone 33 macrumors newbie

Is there a big difference in quality between these 2 skins. Lucky Labs is selling theirs for $9.99 while SGP is selling them for $17.99. I'm planning on using them with a bumper.

2. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

I suggest SGP! It's compatible with the Bumper and the quality of SGP is better than the Lucky Labs stickers...

3. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Lucky Labs has a 50% off coupon for your order for August (check the other thread for the code), so you can get it for $5 + shipping, or you can get a 2nd for $7 more so with coupon that's two for $8.50 + shipping.

I got a wood one and like it. It's a high-quality 3M reusable decal. They give you the option of getting them with or without the Apple cutout.

4. undercompensate macrumors member

SES have you felt the luckylabs vinyl? The carbon fiber feels pretty good

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Seriously get the lucky labs with 50% off. There is no way the sgp's are worth 17.99 even if you do get a screen with it.

I took my carbon skin off it looked liked crap after a week or so.

6. waltercln macrumors regular

luckylabs is the way to go, it is also compatible with the apple bumper. the coupon code also makes this an easy choice.

7. missygal Guest

missygal

8. JokerD macrumors member

Luckylabs and others on ebay/etsy are made from the same 3M material. It doesn't feel rubbery, it has a texture, but not rubbery at all. SGP seems overpriced, and I saw a thread where a guy's SGP was too short, and bad customer service.
    Same one as Luckylabs HERE, little cheaper

9. owmygulay macrumors member

I got one from carbonbumper.com. I think it is the same 3M materiel that the lucky labs one is made out of. Shipping was free and I got it only two days after I ordered it. Looks great with the black apple bumper.

10. missygal Guest

missygal

Thanks just ordered the black one.
    Do you have any pics ?

11. Kone 33 thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at the carbon bumper.com website. For the same $9.99 I can get 2 Lucky Labs skins with their 50% off coupon and no shipping charges. I guess if there is no major difference between the 3 (Lucky Labs, SGP, and Carbon Bumper), I'll go with the Lucky Labs as they work out to be the cheapest.

12. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

I don't doubt the quality of Lucky labs since so many people use those stickers.
    I just prefer SGP since I have dealt with them. Every single product of their is with the best of quality.

13. sm0 macrumors regular

i've got the luckylabs and its very nice for the price. i hear the SGP is quality and looks better though.

anyway, carbon was overdone. five years ago.

i took it off today and installed a phantom matte back. beau. ti. ful.

14. travel4fun macrumors member

I have just ordered two skins from Lucky Labs. One carbon and one wood.

Price: 11.48 with shipment. Use this discount code cc7c0cb927 and get 50% off. Now I just need a iphone 4 and a black bumper ;-)