Lucky Labs Teksure (carbon fiber) back review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by undercompensate, Aug 8, 2010.

1. undercompensate macrumors member

Received and applied my lucky labs teksure carbon fiber back today.

Surprisingly thick for a vinyl decal. You can safely remove and apply several times to attain a good installation. The back of the ip4 has a thin plastic edge, and the teksure is cut precisely to remain within said edge.

The camera hole is slightly off center, but the holes themselves are cut just a bit larger for leeway. Not surprising as Lucky Labs has separate holes for the camera and flash. If you're OCD, you may notice if. Otherwise, acceptable.

What I really like is the feel of the material. It's better than other vinyl backs I've tried off etsy, and can match Fusion of Idea's stealth armor carbon fiber backings. It has the texture of a weave, and it's pretty nice. Matte, so no fingerprints whatsoever.

Overall, quality stuff. You can get it with or without a logo cutout. $10 normal pricing, but you can get it for cheaper if you scout one of their discount codes.

I'd love to see them release a black aluminum-metallic version sometime... It'd go nicely with their metallic silver side decals and the PS Anti-glare HD I threw on. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502