Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volks88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I just received my Carbon back from LuckyLabs. All I can say is WOW! I'm happy. Right now I have the LuckyLabs Metallic Silver wrap and Carbon skin with white Apple bumper and front screen protector from ebay (best screen protector IMO for $3).

I also have the Apple logo covered with Metallic Silver sticker.

Total cost for setup = $12.
CARBON SKIN - $4.50 w/ 50% coupon code
Metallic silver wrap - $4.50 w/ 50% coupon code
Ebay front screen protector - $3
White Apple bumper - FREE

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

dqpassat

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2009
Very nice! I'm thinking of sporting the same as yours but with a black bumper (nowhere to get white :()

How's the carbon skin? Thick enough to protect from a drop? Scratches?

I've been debating between this carbon skin or a black leather one from SGP.

nexedzero

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010
lucky labs

Just got a set for my self looks really sharp got it on the half price sale too

scaled.php

scaled.php

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Looks nice. Anyone compared the Luckylabs Teksure to the SGP carbon? Are they the same quality/thickness? Cheers

I have tried several different Carbon skins and quality wise, SGP & da_coost is the best so far! I am not a huge fan of the :apple: logo cutout on these skins so I've been searching for companies that make them without the cutout. I am awaiting my 2nd Lucky Labs order and was very glad they gave the option to get the skin "uncut" (without :apple: logo). When I get my order I will definitely update this post with pics.

sm0

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Wellington, NZ
I have tried several different Carbon skins and quality wise, SGP & da_coost is the best so far! I am not a huge fan of the :apple: logo cutout on these skins so I've been searching for companies that make them without the cutout. I am awaiting my 2nd Lucky Labs order and was very glad they gave the option to get the skin "uncut" (without :apple: logo). When I get my order I will definitely update this post with pics.

thanks. if you're the dude with the vids on youtube - great work!

i ordered some SGP carbons but decide to sell when I saw that LuckyLabs did without the apple cut out. So never even opened the pack. So would appreciate if you could let me know what you think of it compared to the SGP. Solid back is much better.

Thanks

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
thanks. if you're the dude with the vids on youtube - great work!

Thanks! I'm one of many with YouTube videos, but I just find that the :apple: Bumper + Skin (Carbon, BSE, Gelaskins, etc...) + SGP/PowerSupport (Crystal or Anti-Fingerprint) is by far the best combo!!!!

Nickel Dime Bay

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
I tried putting the apple sticker on mine but it was impossible, how did you do it? I have the SGP carbon with the white luckylabs decal and black bumper.

volks88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Very nice! I'm thinking of sporting the same as yours but with a black bumper (nowhere to get white :()

How's the carbon skin? Thick enough to protect from a drop? Scratches?

I've been debating between this carbon skin or a black leather one from SGP.

It's thicker than a normal screen protector, but not thick enough for drop protection. Definetly protect from scratches.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
In my opinion the white bumper just doesn't go with the carbon sticker film, especially when the bumper gets grimy from dirt.

Black and carbon is the way to go.

hockey9999

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2010
Where did you guys get the sticker for the Apple logo? I really want the SGP carbon back but also want the logo protected.

Has anyone tried or think it would be possible to just cut a small piece of screen protector to cover the logo and then apply the carbon back over it?

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Where did you guys get the sticker for the Apple logo? I really want the SGP carbon back but also want the logo protected.

Has anyone tried or think it would be possible to just cut a small piece of screen protector to cover the logo and then apply the carbon back over it?

If you order the wraps from Luckylabs you get a decal of the apple logo in the same color. If you want clear then order clear wrap.

I also wanted to mention how great Steve at luckylabs is with customer service. I ordered the clear but they were leaving a residue underneath if you lifted them up to get a better fit. When I emailed them about it, Steve sent me replacements in silver at no cost. Very nice guy and good products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.