LuckyLabs vs SlickWraps

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DK1ng, Nov 30, 2011.

?

LuckyLabs or SlickWraps?

1. LuckyLab

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. SlickWrap

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. DK1ng macrumors regular

Luckylabs and Slickwraps seem to be the top two skins for the iphones. Which one do you think is better and why?

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I haven't tried SlickWraps so I can't talk about them but LuckyLabs is really top notch.

3. Munkypoo7, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I've used both, and really... it's a toss up. The SlickWraps are easily removable over long periods of time and exhibit no stretching at all, LuckyLabs wraps stretch quite easily and most often do if they've been on your phone for extended periods.

However, the cut outs for the LuckyLabs are a bit more accurate than the SlickWraps skins...

Either way both are excellent products ;)

edit: That's also a great point, LuckyLabs' customer support is awesome! :D

4. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Agree on the Lucky Labs durability. They don't seem to last as long. Yes, their cutouts are also not only more accurate but they are pre-cut. No need to try to poke out little pieces of the wrap to make room for buttons and such. Their service is infinitely better too.

Slick Wraps offers more stuff with a lot of it being novelty (glow in the dark and such). Their customer service is pretty bad. Also, on some of their thicker wraps (the glow in the dark one specifically) they use a weird metallic backed vinyl that actually degraded my signal on my iPhone 4 (ATT version).

I prefer Lucky Labs mainly for their customer service. Yes they are lacking in variety of products compared to other skin services, but if you have an issue they get it taken care of. Even if you apply one wrong or a strip is ruined out of the packaging due to humidity, they do replace it with zero questions asked. Awesome company.

5. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I prefer luckylabs. Specially their spektra wrap. Better price if you already use protectors for the glass and only need to protect the sides. More precise cuts, top notch CS.

6. DK1ng, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

DK1ng thread starter macrumors regular

for those of you with luckylabs skin. do you have the full body skins? and if you do, do you use any screen protector?because slickwraps offers the screenprotector that is supposed to fit with the full body skins right?

and have any of you used the full spectra skins?

http://theluckylabs.com/iphone-4s-spectra-skin-full-body.html

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I already had front and back protectors for mine and all I needed was the skin for the antenna band. Luckily I discovered LuckyLabs (no pun intended).

8. al0513 macrumors 6502

Okay, I dont know much about wraps and such.. but I do have a carbon fiber backing on my phone- got it off amazon, came with my macbook air carbon fiber wrap- but isnt most of these wraps just 3M material??

9. ungucpho macrumors newbie

its a toss up. i had the slick wraps carbon film for the antenna, it lasted over a year. the spectra wrap is already coming off my gf's 4s, but i got 3 wraps for the price of 1 slick wraps, so i'll re-apply a different color

10. jakeby macrumors newbie

I went for the lucky labs simply because I could purchase just the back piece and nothing else.

11. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Are the lucky labs the ones that come with a matching colour Apple logo?!

12. TheDrizzle-0 macrumors member

I havent used LuckyLabs so my vote goes to SlickWraps. I love the variety that they have and so far they seem pretty durable. I bought a full brushed aluminum skin and its awesome :)

13. DK1ng thread starter macrumors regular

just ordered a full body spectra wrap from luckylabs in red for my black 4s :) will try to post pictures/reviews here after i get them

14. LMD75 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ordered a transparent set of Lucky Labs Spectra Wraps for both the 4 and 4S. I fitted one to my wife's 4 to protect the antenna just before I installed the new revised Apple Bumper.

The cuts are superb. However I am rocking mine naked, installed the same wraps but did not like the feel of them as it kind of has sharper edges on the band. Also in one or two places I could see slight glue marks so I removed it.

15. DK1ng thread starter macrumors regular

for those of you who ordered from luckylabs, do they send you a tracking number for you product?or let you know when your product has shipped?

16. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

They do send you shipment notification. I received the email the next day from when I ordered it.

17. DK1ng thread starter macrumors regular

I got two emails from them. One as soon as i placed me order with the subject, "The Lucky Labs: New Order #******" and a few hours later got another email that had the subject "The Lucky Labs: Credit Memo #****** for Order #******"

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Yes, 3M Di Noc.