Luna Concrete Skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RTony, Mar 21, 2015.

1. RTony macrumors member

RTony

I was recently looking for some accessories for my iPhone 6, and found this weird "skin" they call it. I have never been a fan of cases, since I don't understand why you would want to cover the beautifully crafted iPhone 6 body in some case.

But this "skin" is something that really caught my attention. It's made of concrete. Real concrete. And I think it would really cover and protect my iPhone good. Well, because its made of concrete lol.

I was trying to find it on amazon to read some reviews, but it wasn't there. I found it on The Fancy. Does anyone know about it? Is it legit?

Source <-- it was the last in the list.

2. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

You're not a fan of cases, but you would put that hideous thing on your phone?

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I don't get it. It offers zero protection for almost my type of fall. Only if it falls flat on the back will there be any protection at all. And then, it won't offer much because concrete doesn't compress very much. it would just transmit all the shock through the body and shatter the screen on the other side. All the edges are exposed, and that's where scuffs and scratches are most likely, and where most falls would impact.

I'm not a fan of how it looks either, but that's a personal decision. I'd imagine it wouldn't feel very good on your hand either.

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I don't understand this. It's ugly, no protection, and seems rough to the touch. No thanks

5. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I have one of the "cratered" skins. It's pretty smooth to the touch, not as rough as i thought it would be. I'm not worried about how little it protects my phone. I have Applecare+ and i'm pretty safe with my phone.

[​IMG]

I had a Lifeproof Fre & Nuud case on my iPhone 5 so its a complete 180 for me.

6. a.guillermo macrumors regular

No offense, but that just looks a little goofy. If you have applecare, then I would just say to not have anything on it. But I suppose to each their own, eh?

7. eko91 macrumors regular

I would not purchase that phone case... I can't imagine how little it will protect my phone. I am very clumsy, so I need a case that is made out of silicon or anything that is flexible. I also would love to show off my new iphone instead of covering it with a concrete case... Just my opinion.

8. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I didn't like how the phone rocked because of the camera lens protruding out. I had a leather case on it before this skin. Still haven't completely decided if i like it or not.

9. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Interesting idea, given the popularity of concrete for countertops and floors right now. But I'm not sure whether that kind of organic matter as a back plate is visually appealing (I know it's an opinion) or offers any kind of benefit.

I prefer my real wood wrap, where it actually is a wrap and not just a common piece of thick veneer plate, as it both protects the phone from scratches and reduces the slippery-ness of the aluminum significantly - and does not really change the form of the phone, given the wood is just .010" thick.

Attached Files:

10. insane08 macrumors member

Where did you order this from? I've been using the surface pad leather flip cover but just need a change. Took it off today and it feels new. I kinda want to keep a skin on the back so this seems perfect.

11. ZipZap macrumors 601

I wish Toast.com would use woods like the one pictured. Toast covers better.

12. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    I made it myself. Plotter cut using the real wood with pressure sensitive adhesive backing that my company produces. I've got templates for the 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 and 6+, as well as the iPad Air (v1), MacBook Air 13", rMBP 15" (top and bottom case wraps), Time Capsule (previous version) and Airport Express (current version). At some point we will bring them to market, but we're not quite ready yet.

13. meistervu macrumors 65816

I can't think of a less suitable material for a case than concrete. May be ice but that would be too obvious.