Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larryo108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2017
I had a Series 1 watch and loved the Lunatik Epic case on it. I am a big guy and love big watches and thick bands. I was excited to get the Series 2 and had intended to slap the Lunatik back on it, not knowing the new watch was a tad thicker. Old case and band won't work. Anyone seen a similar case/band for the Series 2 watches?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I had a Series 1 watch and loved the Lunatik Epic case on it. I am a big guy and love big watches and thick bands. I was excited to get the Series 2 and had intended to slap the Lunatik back on it, not knowing the new watch was a tad thicker. Old case and band won't work. Anyone seen a similar case/band for the Series 2 watches?

Lunatik actually went out of business from my understanding. @ZebraDude can confirm this from his findings.

larryo108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2017
I was afraid of that. I loved my Epik case on my Series 0 watch. I still have it up in the closet. Wish there was something similar for my Series 2 watch. I wonder if the knockoffs have been made for the Series 2 watches. That would be the only option at this point I guess. Thanks for the quick responses.

Reactions: ZebraDude

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Same praise for Epik.. loved their stuff for my Series 0 watch. Upgraded to S2 and can't use them, so I went with apple nylon bands because the sport ones don't agree with my skin. I know on etsy there are some people who make metal cases for the apple watch s2. Though they are a bit pricey.. not that Epik wasn't at first..

larryo108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2017
Can't find any metal cases on etsy at all. maybe I am searching for the wrong thing.

BabblingBafoon

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2018
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.