Lunatik Epik style case/band for Series 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by larryo108, Apr 24, 2017.

1. larryo108 macrumors newbie

I had a Series 1 watch and loved the Lunatik Epic case on it. I am a big guy and love big watches and thick bands. I was excited to get the Series 2 and had intended to slap the Lunatik back on it, not knowing the new watch was a tad thicker. Old case and band won't work. Anyone seen a similar case/band for the Series 2 watches?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Lunatik actually went out of business from my understanding. @ZebraDude can confirm this from his findings.

3. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

Sadly, Yes they did go out of business...The Epic case will only work with 1st Generation (Series 0) and 2nd Generation (series 1 only) I LOVE the Epik cases SO much that I bought a couple more from BestBuy on Clearance...

4. larryo108 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was afraid of that. I loved my Epik case on my Series 0 watch. I still have it up in the closet. Wish there was something similar for my Series 2 watch. I wonder if the knockoffs have been made for the Series 2 watches. That would be the only option at this point I guess. Thanks for the quick responses.

5. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Same praise for Epik.. loved their stuff for my Series 0 watch. Upgraded to S2 and can't use them, so I went with apple nylon bands because the sport ones don't agree with my skin. I know on etsy there are some people who make metal cases for the apple watch s2. Though they are a bit pricey.. not that Epik wasn't at first..

6. larryo108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't find any metal cases on etsy at all. maybe I am searching for the wrong thing.

7. Joe Bill Scott macrumors newbie

Joe Bill Scott

--- Post Merged, Jan 2, 2018 ---
    I have an original metal Apple Watch case from Lunatik. It was never used.

8. Joe Bill Scott macrumors newbie

Joe Bill Scott

Why did they go out of business?
    Joebillscott@gmail.com

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Because cheap Chinese knockoffs flooded the market and not enough people continued buying Lunatik's product.

10. BabblingBafoon macrumors newbie

I have a Series 2 and a Catalyst case. It *is* a great case and similar to the Lunatik cases, but I found this page because I was trying to find the Lunatik cases for Series 2/3 because I think they are better looking.

I guess I will have to settle for my Catalyst until I can find something else that is like the Lunatik.