Lunatik Seismik iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ekoulak, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ekoulak macrumors newbie

Noticed not too much is being said about it. For the 5S it was one of the best slim protective cases so I went ahead and picked one up for the 6.

Love the feel of it. Had a defender prior to this and it's about as wide but much thinner. The buttons are easy to push as well as their awesome silence switch.

Materials used feel premium and fitment is good
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Did you preorder or something? I'm really interested in aquatik but not available for purchase yet?

3. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

No this case is on sale on their site and at best buy. I'm waiting on the the aquatik and taktik 360 myself. I hear sometime in January they are coming out

4. heycal macrumors 6502a

Checked out their website. Did you consider the flak model? How is your case different from the Flak? A bit bigger and more protection perhaps?

5. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

The biggest difference is the bumper. Pretty good drop protection. Plus I like the clear back

6. TheChrisBlaze macrumors member

I liked this case a lot! It arrived last week; I preordered the Aquatik case and this was one of the freebies that came with the preorder. It's a bit wide for me, but the feel and quality of it is top notch. It doesn't feel like the phone would fall out of the case if dropped and it looks really unique.

7. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

When did you preorder

8. TheChrisBlaze macrumors member

I preordered back in early October when Lunatik was using Indiegogo to fund the Aquatic and Taktik cases for the iPhone 6.

9. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

Any inside info on shipment on them yet?

10. TheChrisBlaze macrumors member

All I know is early January, pretty much the same info you already know. I certainly do hope it comes out earlier.

11. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm ok with that date but I just went to pre order on their site and it said April 2015

12. heycal macrumors 6502a

The bumper is bigger or something?

Where are you learning about the details of the various differences?

That bumper does look wide. Is all that extra material necessary do you think?

13. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

By swing both cases in my hands is where I drew the conclusion :)

The bumper is wide because it's a shock absorbing bumper that was inspired by airless tires. It compresses upon impact thus the great drop protection. I was very worried that it would be too wide for me but after using it for some time I don't mind the width at all.

14. heycal macrumors 6502a

It does look solid.

Where can one try out these cases? I wish there was a place where one could see and feel many different ones.

15. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

16. tayluftwaffel macrumors member

Ah, Jeez, that case doesn't look too flattering..

17. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

Update:

Took a nasty spill today from about 4 ft and landed on ceramic tile with a bunch of dirt on it (store)

CASE DID VERY WELL, screen protector cracked (zagg) but other than that I'm hard pressed to find damage on the case and phone is as if nothing had ever happened. IMO it did its job

18. nmeed macrumors regular

You think if you had a non-glass protector on, the screen itself would have been damaged?

19. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I think the January shipping date is for those of us who backed them on indigogo. You can still preorder now that the indigogo campaign is closed, but I think those that preordered after the the campaign closed will need to wait until April.

As far as the seismik goes, it was way too wide for me. I liked the feel and it's a nice thin (front to back) case, but I just couldn't get over the width. My wife took it, though, and has been using it on her phone for the past few weeks. She seems to like it.

20. ekoulak thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty sure it would have because it landed on a small pebble and took a chip out of it

----------

That's exactly what I thought about the ship dates as far as preorders go. I just might skip the preorder then and wait for it to be on sale in that case