Lunatik Taktik Extreme Replica 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Alchematron, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

I was disappointed when Lunatik announced they would not be making the Taktik Extreme for the 6/6+. The evolved version is called the Taktik 360 due out March 2015 for the 6 and no date yet for the 6+. I personally like the look of the original design.

What is one to do? Well there is a knock off version called the Love Mei available now. Some downsides I notice. Housing is aluminum instead of plastic which may affect reception and make it heavier in weight. Build quality not as robust as real version based on review below for 5. Some report a rainbow effect with this type of glass screen protector, but supposedly can be fixed by loosening the screws. I have yet to buy this case, so no real world feedback. It may be a cheap alternative that has value, however buyer beware.

Love Mei 6+

Love Mei 6

[​IMG]

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I bought the real deal shortly after the case was released (I think it was for my iPhone 4). Had really bad rainbow effect, covered about 2/3 of the phone and was so distracting even with the phone on. I've had that issue w/ Otterbox Defenders but never so bad I'd notice it with the phone on.

It was $100+, great materials, beautiful case, but for that price it had to be perfect and it wasn't. And their customer service at the time was horrendous.

Sent it back a few days later.

Now that I've tried glass protectors I'll probably never use a built in protector again. Will probably just remove it if it has one.

3. Alchematron thread starter macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Some say loosening the screws fixed the rainbow problem. Did you try that when you had it?

4. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Yeah, they were saying that at the time too, it didn't work for me. Maybe a little but then you'd have to worry about the screws falling out. :p

5. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

i will be reporting this fake case, and hopefully they will be shutdown soon.