Lunatik "Taktik"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pHeNom, Sep 15, 2012.

1. pHeNom macrumors regular

Anybody else looking to pick this up?

I plan on getting it when they do release it to the masses by the end of the year, in the meantime I'll be using the otter box commuter series.

The Taktik looks beast! :cool:

2. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Wow, thats a serious case. It looks like it'll be pretty heavy. I do like their watch bands, but I don't have one.

3. maclook macrumors 65816

This case is awesome. It looks well designed both technically and aesthetically. I didn't fund the kickstarter because I didn't know if I was going to upgrade to the 5 or not. Now that I am, I really hope their iPhone 5 version comes out soon so I can take my iPhone with me when I go paddleboarding and other water related stuff (like...the shower :p ).

So yeah, I'm just waiting for the 5 version to come out. Kickstarters should be getting their cases soon so I'm looking forward to reading reviews and hoping it delivers. I'll probably shoot for the gorilla glass version so my iPhone is totally protected.

4. thezinger macrumors newbie

I love this case. Does anyone plan on ordering one?

5. Mars Is Waiting, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

Mars Is Waiting macrumors member

Yup! I'll be getting one when they release it. Unfortunately it probably won't be until the end of the year.

For now I'm going with basic protection (SwitchEasy Nude), and extra attention to care.

For those curious, TakTik is a water/shockproof case. NOTHING is getting in or out. The higher end model includes a thin plate of Gorilla Glass.

[​IMG]

Taktik 5 by Lunatik

6. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

7. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

8. IconicM macrumors regular

Where did you get that erroneous information? This is what their web site FAQ says....

Q: Is the case water proof?

A: We designed for MIL STD 810g dust, impact and water resistancy, but the short answer is NO. It is water and dust resistant, which in practical terms means it will protect against limited exposure to rain, water spray and possibly an accidental drop in the toilet or a puddle. It is NOT fully enclosed and designed to be submerged. There are some areas of the case that we do not want to fully enclose because it would degrade the performance of the iPhone 4S – one area is the camera opening. We have designed TAKTIK to meet these standards but will need to verify performance through a 3rd party testing house once we have received production quality units for lab and field testing. There has always been considerable confusion around this language due to the ratings you see on consumer electronics. Consumer electronics are classified based on the Ingress Protection rating system (IP) which rates the degree of protection from solid objects and liquids. The first digit rates protection against ingress of solid objects and the second digit rates against ingress of liquids. Based on the seals and acoustic vents we are using, we have designed for an IP6x rating which means total protection against dust. For protection against liquids, we have designed against an IPx5 which protects against low pressure jets of water from all directions; however, the case may also protect against a brief drop into water. Thus, our IP rating will be IP65 which is great for the reality of daily use both in the city and outdoors.