Lunatik watch case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by AFDoc, May 12, 2015.

1. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Backed this today. Looks like a great protective case.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1104350651/lunatik-epik-for-apple-watch

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Looks like the original Lunatik case for the Nano redone with the Apple Watch size including the button and crown.

What makes absolutely no sense about Scott Wilson and the folks over at Wimo Labs, besides the fact that they are putting out a 2 part Apple Watch case with a seam down the middle is that it uses their original Lunatik strap system.

Why not design it so that the case fits over the watch and provides protection, allowing the user to use their actual Apple Watch band...

3. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I backed this as well, time to sell the loop I purchased. It's still in sealed in the box, was debating on opening it up to use it or not. But after seeing this case, selling is definitely the way to go. Granted I'll be waiting a little bit but that's ok. :)

4. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I'm all about this case, but it should be noted that knock offs of it are already all over eBay for about $35 in a variety of colors.

5. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Links?

6. tkukoc, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

True but all have end of june/july/august shipping dates meaning odds are your not going to be getting anything from these people. Not to mention I doubt the ebay ones have the inside cushion mentioned on the originals so there is no scratching of your device. Same thing happened with the Nano, they released a case and ripoffs hit the market. Granted at that time both were scratching until it was fixed. Depends if you want to take a chance on it. I would totally be into the red one as well as a leather red or sport band but Apple still hasn't released those.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Want size and color loop is it?

8. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Its 42mm Milanese loop.

9. AFDoc thread starter macrumors 68030

Your suggestion is a good one...... I wonder if they thought of that before moving forward with the current design?

10. Jm9760 macrumors newbie

Wish they would sell their aluminum link bracelet without a need for the case. Really nice looking.

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I don't care for the case too much... not enough smooth lines... but I would definitely purchase that aluminum band. The idea of both is growing on me already though.

12. venom600 macrumors 6502a

13. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I just picked up this guy in Black! Exactly what I was looking! should be very protective of the glass!

14. Patroncris macrumors newbie

How is it, can you post pic?

15. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

16. Patroncris macrumors newbie

17. ZebraDude, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015

ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I'm a caregiver for my bedridden mother. I load a wheel chair into and out of my car about 8 times a day and I knew I would nick the watch doing that!

I love G-Shock watches so this is for me! Now I can cancel my SS 42 WSB coming in next week!

:D

18. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

The Best Buy pics look like the band is attached with socket head bolts and might therefore be swappable with other standard bands. Can anyone confirm?

19. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Ikr? I'm not sure if you scrolled down enough to see if but they actually had a side-by-side of the Nano and Watch. Pretty funny to see how far we have come. I actually did have one of the Lunatik cases for my Nano. Pretty nice item. Apparently the bands will even be interchangeable. I won't be buying this though. Looks to be of the same high quality materials though so its bound to be good!

cc580439c39f9922562c8e538e7869b8_original.jpg

20. 101mph62 macrumors newbie

One I ordered from eBay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

I don't have the one from the kickstarter however the one I received of eBay when u take the socket out to put the watch in the case the bands comes off with it

21. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Cool. What's the width of the band that it comes with?

22. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I just got back from a trip to a local BB where I had intended to buy the black with green strap polycarbonate one. They also had a graphite grey one in stock. I was allowed to open it up and see if it would fit, but I could not have been more underwhelmed. It looked terribly cheap. The ebay knockoff looks 1000 times better.

23. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

Attached!

Attached Files:

24. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

THis is PERFECT for me! I find the Apple Watch sport ugly. This gives the watch the needed protection I need!

Very Happy!

:cool:

----------

This case does use pins instead of the slides clips.