Luuux - Anyone knows this website?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macnewbbie, Aug 3, 2011.

1. macnewbbie, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

macnewbbie macrumors regular

Hi.
    Does anyone knows this website or is on it? It's a blogging website where by blogging, commenting(or receiving comments) or like a comment you earn points than you can later trade for prices, where there are ipod's, iphones and ipad's. I have read and seen videos of people claiming to receive the stuff but im trying to gather more opinions on it before dedicate more time on.

I registered because it was free and didn't ask for major/important personal info, but would like to gather more opinions about it.
    Thanks

EDIT : the website is luuux.com . Not clickable to people don't think im giving referral links, you can type it on your browser.

2. EvanLugh, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

looks just like any other pyramid scheme.

edit: to your post below, that is a referral link.

3. macnewbbie thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to mention. That is not actually a referal link. It won't make any points or anything if you click on it or get to the website by that link.
    However if you register i will earn i think 10 points if you register by using that link and i won't know if you registered or who you are. If you don't want me to get the 10 points from you registration you can always go just enter the site normally. Either registering from my link or from the "normal" website link won't make a difference on your points.
    So if you would like to register and don't mind that i get the 10 points, i appreciate it, if you won't to register but don't want me to get those points, you can register the normal way.
    I hope that clears the things from the beginning of the topic because my main point was just to share and talk about the website, not actually promote myself on it.

Edit: I see that my link was removed. I understand that to direct refferal links but this post explains it. If a moderator thinks that i can put the link back up again please tell me something or reverse the edit on the post. If not, just share your thoughts on it

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

From what you described it's a classic pyramid scheme and what you posted was a referral link that is definitely against the rules.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

o/t: i sent Madhammer a PM, but thanks for coming and clearing that up. :D

6. macnewbbie thread starter macrumors regular

I thought that reffarel links were the ones that by clicking on it you would automatically take advantage. So my bad, i will add the normal link. Wont even make it clicklable so people won't think im making reffarels to myself.

7. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

i don't see any need for it here - no one is going to use that site. you shouldn't either, you're wasting your time

8. macnewbbie thread starter macrumors regular

The reason i got excited with the website is because of the ipad, i would like ( and actually need) one but can afford it right now and from reading and seeing youtube videos of other people got the things they ordered made me think it would be a good idea to give it a try. But maybe it is a waste of time, since you need a lot of points for the ipad.

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well, good luck with that.
    To fund a new iPad you'd be better off taking on extra work after hours than aimlessly clicking on scam schemes like that.

10. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

i'm going to go ahead and guess you're new to this :) don't take this the wrong way: but this will not work for you.

heck, i want an iPad too, but unfortunatly the only legitimate way to get way (apart from winning a competition, etc.) is to purchase one.

These pyramid schemes make more money, time etc. off you and are completely not worth it.
    Check out Pyramid schemes on Wikipedia. Don't get dragged into one.
    I hope you can find a better way to receive an ipad..

EDIT: for morals, you don't need an ipad. the millions suffering in somalia and around the world, are in need.