Luvvitt Clear TPU Case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by PTVMan, May 21, 2015.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Just got this case from Amazon today and installed quickly. It's fairly unobtrusive, doesn't spoil the watch design and I certainly appreciate having the protection.

Attached Files:

2. worker73 macrumors member

I was thinking of that same case when mine arrives next month.

How is the ability to use the crown & button with the case on? Any difficulties?

I am getting a Space Gray....is that the one you have pictured?

3. pleomorph macrumors member

pleomorph

Just curious if you have a screen protector on your watch? I got a clear TPU case for my Apple Watch and it quickly peeled up the corners of my ArmorSuit protector.

4. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have no difficulties with the crown movement or side button. Yes, I have the Sport in Space Grey.

I'm not using a screen protector because I think there is enough of a lip around the edges of the cover to protect the screen. At least that's my theory :)

5. worker73 macrumors member

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I preordered the 38mm and 42mm clear TPU cases when they first announced it, and after I received it a few days after my WATCHes came in, I noticed that the hole for the Digital Crown was either too small or shifting around when the case shifts around the watch, causing the crown to not spin as freely.

I notified LUVVITT and they simply refunded my order without having to send it back.

Surprisingly, they sent me another two cases a couple of weeks later without me asking. Not sure if they're an updated version as I haven't gotten around to test yet. I now have 4 cases, basically for free, so I just have to commend them for caring about their product and their customers.

7. worker73 macrumors member

I would be interested to hear if the two replacement cases are a better fit.
    Thanks.

8. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

This is the only case I'm considering so far I just was wondering if you might chime in on how it's holding up. My main concern is putting something on that's counter productive and traps dirt/etc that may scratch the watch case over time. Thanks!

9. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update

You are right on target, concern wise. Four days into having it on my watch I have noticed that the case collects quite a bit of dust and dirt underneath. I have since taken it off and returning it to Amazon for a refund. Hopefully something better like a protective film will come along.

10. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

Thanks for the honest feedback I think I'm going to just stick with my Zagg HD screen protector and just be a little more mindful of the casing while still enjoying the watch.

I absolutely hate when something I get to protect a device is the thing that ends up damaging it.

11. selketine macrumors newbie

Luvvitt also makes a flexible/soft clear case called Clarity that you can find on Amazon. I saw this thread and was also concerned about particles trapping underneath that might scratch so I ordered the soft case.

I just got it yesterday but so far I really like it and it adds very little bulk and button presses are no problem.