Luxa2 H4 Stand Mini Review with Pics

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Skystar, May 8, 2010.

1. Skystar macrumors 6502

So I bought the original Luxa2 H1-Touch stand for my iPhone and absolutely love it. I use it on my night stand when I go to bed since my iPhone is also my alarm clock. When I saw the reviews for the new H4 stand for the iPad, I did not think twice about ordering one.

I got one from eBay. The seller was located in Walnut, CA which is less than 100miles away from me. I ordered it early morning yesterday (Friday) and got it this morning (Saturday), great service!

First impressions: Great packaging, and great quality. The stand is pretty much a bigger version of the iPhone stand. Movement is smooth, and the grips do a good job adjusting to your device. You can leave your iPad in it's case. The stand is also very balanced. I chose to use it in what I call "iMac" style which may look different than pics you find on the web.

Here it is next to the iPhone version:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holding my naked iPad:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holding my iPad with Macally Bookstand case:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mini iMac mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can also be tilted up to use the onscreen keyboard:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So thats about all for now, so far I love it. It matches my iPhone's stand, accepts cases, and looks great on a desk with the wireless keyboard. Changing positions is smooth and fluid. I got mine for $49+Shipping. I feel this is probably the best iPad specific stand out there. Thanks for reading!

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I was afraid that the stand would assimilate me, but it looks good holding the iPad and that put me at ease.

3. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

It's a little fugly sans the iPad, but with the iPad in place, it looks great. Well thought out solution.

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Can't wait to get mine. Never thought about it for the iPhone!

5. Absrnd macrumors 6502

Absrnd

are the fingers rubber or plastic ?
    you think these would come off ?

I like the stand but the long protruding fingers make it look terrible, and I would like to replace these with something less long :)

6. Skystar thread starter macrumors 6502

They are rubber fingers. When I got the iPhone version I didn't like them either, but they help hold the device in a case I guess.

7. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

That looks like a terrific stand. It seems really functional. Nice buy.

8. gonzaload1987 macrumors regular

Nice stand for iPhone and the iPad, i was looking like a crazy man for something like this :)

9. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

How do you find playing games on it that require a lot of screen pressing/touching? Is it stable?

Also curious when you rotate it from landscape to vertical, can the ipad drop out or is it real secure in the stand?

Are the Arms spring loaded?

What's your impression of the actual pivot and do you think it can get sloppy and wear out?

Most important to me is: Do you find that with the aluminum back where the iPad rests against cut down a lot on your Wi-Fi signal?

I really appreciate your answers here as I been looking at this stand for some time now. ;)

10. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

11. gonzaload1987 macrumors regular

Anybody can post where can i buy it online? Amazon doesn't have it, and i can't buy it, please help a good argentinean foreign :cool:

12. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Gonza check out:
    http://www.luxa2.com/media_detail.aspx?s=26

It will take you to the Mfg site and it is also available on Ebay. ;)

13. gonzaload1987 macrumors regular

Than you DaBrain, you are the man :) ...

btw, which is the mfg site? I only now owc (macsales), macmall but that one i miss it, god i'm such a newbie :p

14. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

15. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

Darn. I tried to order, but it's unavailable. Thanks for the tease....lol :p

16. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

That's odd! The OP here got one and when I visited the site a few days ago it was available but like you said not now!

Perhaps their making a change or can not meet the demand?

In either case Bummer!

I can not believe how hard it is to find a decent sturdy stand that is available!

I use a cheap picture frame stand but it is not sturdy and it's flimsy.

I ordered a Groovy Writer Dual Wooden stand but it's taking forever to get here! It may be what I need/want but I'll not know until it arrives.

I need 2 stands, one for work and one for home. I'll let you guys know if the Groovy stand gets here! ;)

17. Skystar thread starter macrumors 6502

The stand is very stable, but I'm not much of a game person so I have done limited testing.

When rotating from vertical to landscape, the iPad feels very secure if the arms have been adjusted correctly. To adjust, all you do is insert the device, and push the arms around it. The arms should surround the device with the rubber fingers.

The pivot point looks very well built and should last, but like I said I don't play much games so it may wear faster with different use. To me it looks like it will stay tight.

I have experienced zero wifi problems with the aluminum back, but my router is just across the room.

After almost a week of use I can tell you I still love it, if not more!

18. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Thanks Skystar for answering my questions! I really appreciate it!

Now the rest of us await the availability once again! --)))))

19. mizvalorie macrumors member

20. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

From Where?

I just went to the Mfg site and is says it's not available.

The H4 is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.

21. mizvalorie macrumors member

Yesterday it was there, but I tried again today and its not. :/ Sorry.

I was on the mfg site.

22. ascender macrumors 68020

Got my Luxa2 stand this morning and have to say its a very nice piece of kit. Well made and well thought-out, glad I went for it, thanks to the OP for posting.

23. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Ascender,

Where did you get yours at? I keep checking the mfg site and they still show not available yet! Thx. ;)

24. ascender macrumors 68020

I got one on eBay which didn't work out too bad for cost and postage after conversion, got here within a few days. Had emailed their European site about when they'd get stock and never heard anything back so eBay was the only option left as I couldn't get international shipping on the US site.

I found a few European sites with the stand listed, but none of them had stock.

25. holyindian macrumors 6502

Apologies for opening this old thread again, but people who already brought this stand were the best to answer to my question, hence the bump.

After almost a year, what is your take on this stand?? I am reading mixed reviews on other sites that the stand gets sloppy on the grip after couple of weeks!! Is this true!?
    I was planning to get one from best buy, its there on sale for 39 dollars.